Head of Investments
3 days left
- Full Time
Aviva’s pension arrangements are amongst the most sophisticated in the UK by scale, nature of investment portfolio, and governance. There are currently four pension schemes within the Group which are run by three Trustee Boards. In aggregate the schemes have assets of over £20 billion.
The role will focus on the development of the investment strategy and the design, implementation and ongoing oversight and evolution of investment mandates. It also supports the Pensions Investment Director in developing Board policies on investment matters and building and delivering investment-related work plans for the Schemes.
Using a combination of third-party advisers and in-house resource, you will be:
* Engaging at senior level (e.g. Board or Committee) on investment strategy design
* Influencing and shaping opinion in favour of a particular investment proposal, often requiring condensing very complex ideas into an accessible form
* Leading the relationship with all the Schemes’ fund managers, holding them accountable for performance and finding opportunities to improve the mandates in terms of risk reduction, return enhancement or cost savings
* Overseeing the manager selection and implementation processes
Skills and experience we would like to see:
* Familiarity with UK Pensions, working with or within large size pension schemes, especially from an investment perspective
* Awareness of industry investments best practice and implementing investment mandates
* Reporting or engaging with senior executives (e.g. IC or Board)
* Experience of liability hedging strategies using a range of instruments and a good knowledge of all major asset classes including all types of fixed income and real estate asset classes, equities and systematic and discretionary absolute return strategies
What will you get for this role?
* Competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
* Generous defined contribution pension scheme
* Annual performance related bonus and pay review
* Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
* Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
* Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
We care about the well-being of our employees:
How you feel at home, work and all aspects of your life are important to us. Our programme – ‘Be Healthy’, ‘Be Mindful’, ‘Be Secure’ and ‘Be Awesome’ supports physical, mental, financial and social well-being!
Here are just a few highlights:
* Download Aviva Digital GP - a 24/7 personal GP service that enables video consultation with a GP and pharmacy service at the touch of a button
* We offer all UK employees subscriptions to Headspace for FREE
* We have subsidised 70% off the normal gym membership prices, meaning for a reduced monthly fee there is access to many fitness venues
Additional Information and Equal Opportunity:
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we love to work! This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are crafting an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities. Our approach helps to ensure Aviva as a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
As a disability confident employer, we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability (as defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then email the contact listed in the advert to notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if required an alternative method of applying please contact Alice Neal on 0121 234 5926 or email@example.com.