Who are we?
With over 82,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies. Since opening the Wellingborough site in 2007, the Kuehne+Nagel team have continued to grow with over 1,000 people working on site today. This is across a range of diverse customers, colleagues and ways of operating all under one roof.
Over the last 12 years, the Wellingborough site has won numerous awards all of which are recognised by industry for performance, innovation and people development (Top employer award 2019).
Kuehne+Nagel are renowned for quality of service because of our people. This is a key reason why our customer’s partner with us – and you can take a part in helping us to achieve our future goals.
We want every customer to have the best service experience possible and we are looking for people with the passion and spirit to provide exactly that!
What can we give you?
- Local perks tailored to the individual customer’s business
- Route 2 Rewards – this provides access to discounts and cash back schemes for most high street retailers and brands
- Employee recognition – where our colleagues go above and beyond, this is recognised through local and national schemes
- Free parking on site
- On site restaurant providing access to hot and cold food throughout the day, card payments also accepted
- Wellbeing initiatives (EAP), charity support, mental health first aid
- Long service awards
- Awarding winning ideas for work improvements – opportunities to drive change, with cash incentives for ideas that reduce costs!
- Excellent career prospects – we focus on developing colleagues from Warehouse Operative to Team Leader, and Team Leader to Management roles. Apprenticeship and Diploma opportunities to support this progression
- Be involved in our Joint Consultation Committees to drive improvements and fun in your place of work
Ankit, Continuous Improvement Manager
"My Kuehne + Nagel career has been a blend of learnings, challenges and motivations. It gave me the opportunity get into the details of each aspect of the logistics industry."
Saskia, Office Management
"In a big company like Kuehne + Nagel, you can learn a lot and meet lots of nice people from all over the world. It's very exciting."
Saurabh, Sales Management
"I often share with my colleagues that if you work with a single vision to excel, Kuehne + Nagel is the best company to work for!"
What will your typical day look like?
- Using mechanical handling equipment (MHE) to fulfil tasks involving picking / unloading / loading / put away / replenishment of stock according to Health and Safety regulations
- Use of manual handling techniques to fulfil task involving safe picking (repeatedly lifting) / packing of store orders / loading / unloading and re-stacking products
- Use of provided tools and systems to check and fulfil the orders: pick sheets / pick by voice / pick by light and working towards achieving relevant department targets and KPIs
- Ensuring that all of the relevant processes are being adhered to at all times: health & safety, food hygiene standards, Safe & Legal regulations
- Identify and progress continuous improvement opportunities within the department and across all areas of the operation, enhancing the service to our customer
- You will be working in a dynamic, fast paced environment providing high level contract logistics customer solutions, you will be seen as a main driver of the operation and fulfilling our customer’s needs
What can you bring to the team?
- Experience is not important, but if you have it then that’s great
- Ability to communicate in verbal and written form with basic math skills
- Flexibility is essential, but will also work both ways!
- Being a team player, as we only achieve success by working together
- A focus on accuracy and good service
- Being open to change and willing to share ideas for improvement
- Above all, you can bring passion, drive and a desire to succeed
Interested in joining the team?
Apply for Warehouse Colleague
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly