Manager Development Finance
We are looking for:
- Strategic Thinker
- Considers and understands own role and contribution in delivering the Homes England priorities and the bigger picture.
- Looks for patterns and relationships across delivering and varied sources; continually develops clear strategies and plans for the future.
- Creative Thinker
- Challenging the conventional way of doing things
- Generates new ideas and commercial solutions in order to improve performance and delivery.
- Focus on results
- Achieves results through a positive approach.
- Focuses on goals and targets.
- Looks critically at systems, policies, processes and procedures.
- Is able to contextualise KOPs and use to drive successful outcomes and improvements.
- Enables effective teamwork by encouraging the team to achieve more through combined efforts than by the sum of all their individual parts.
- Ensures Performance Management processes are used to support and improve state development, competency and results.
The skills we would like are:
- Essential: Degree level qualification or equivalent experience
- Desirable: Qualified Banker (e.g. Chartered Banker), Accountant (e.g. Chartered Accountant), Surveyor (Chartered Surveyor), or similar.
Our successful candidate will:
- Review project proposals received to ensure satisfaction of core eligibility criteria.
- Assess borrower’s potential risk of default, through a review of the viability of its existing business model (including its current operating structure, balance sheet and long term business plan resilience) as well as project viability.
- Identify risk mitigates and opportunities in proposals.
- Negotiating deal structure and documentation.
- Pricing according to organisational guidelines as well as assessment of the borrower’s credit quality.
- Liaising with Risk colleagues to discuss each borrower’s case in order to fully understand the material issues in respect of each application.
- Liaising with external advisors to source required legal / financial and valuation due diligence input.
- Reviewing the anticipated exit scenarios (as appropriate).
- Leading through the approval process (first line of defence vis à vis second line of defence provided by risk).
We are the Government’s national housing agency. Our role is to accelerate the pace of housebuilding across the country, particularly in areas where there are the most serious affordability issues – meaning people are struggling to find homes. We have the appetite, influence, expertise and resources to drive positive market change and meet the Government’s ambition to deliver 300,000 new homes a year. We are using our land, influence, funds and knowledge to increase the pace, scale and quality of new homes accelerating delivery in areas of greatest demand and helping create great places to live. Within the next few years, we will have invested over £27 billion across our programmes. To deliver against these aims we’re building a different kind of public service join us to help make this happen.
At Homes England we have a strong culture of flexible working and encourage all employees to have a healthy work/life balance. We offer a wide range of potential working patterns, including part time, job share and compressed hours.
These need to be balanced with business needs so they will vary from job to job. If you would like to know more please speak to the Recruiting Manager once you're contacted to discuss the position.
How to apply:
For more information on the role and how to apply, please visit Civil Service Jobs