Quantity Surveyor - training opportunities
Ian Williams has an exciting opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join their team in Watford.
We really value our employees, that’s why we offer a healthy benefits package including:
- Take home up to 25% Performance Reward Bonus, paid just in time for the new year (our company average take home is 18% over the last 3 years)
- We are committed to annual pay reviews
- A company car scheme where you make savings with our outstanding private mileage scheme
- Let us help you prepare for your future with an employer pension contribution of up to 7%
Due to growth we have an opportunity for a competent Quantity Surveyor to be based in our new Watford office which is part of our established London Painting arm.
We are proud to be a contractor of choice and be considered as one of the best performing, and to do this we need a Quantity Surveyor who matches that same ambition to deliver and to continue to maintain our strong working partnerships.
Your Key Responsibilities will include:
- Being responsible for the financial and technical aspects of contracts including procurement, invoicing and payment to ensure effective cash-flow management and meet profit.
- Ensuring all work issued have labour targets to return agreed performance.
- Managing the contract accounting and ensure prompt payment and control cost information.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with the workforce, client, subcontractors and suppliers – We are heavily customer centric, just as much internally as we are externally
- Managing the billing process to minimise capital usage
- Producing monthly contract valuations and CVRs
Who’s right for the Quantity Surveyor role?
- Someone who enjoys ownership and commercial responsibility
- The ability to price minor works from first principles
- The accountability to manage your contracts successfully, we seek someone who relishes achieving targets
- Experience of working in a painting/ repairs environment would be advantageous but not essential
- The passion for business, to meet the budget and keep yourself and the team motivated so you WILL get that 25% performance reward bonus
- Someone who would describe themselves as proactive and conscientious, enjoys building relationships with their clients to secure strong, stable business partnerships.
Additional benefits include:
- 23 days annual leave but you may want longer or less so use our buy and sell option of up to 5 extra days
- Additional benefits including private medical insurance, permanent health insurance and life insurance.
- Training and development opportunities
- Access to an Employee Assistant programme to support your health and wellbeing
What our Surveyors have to say:
"Ian Williams Ltd shows commitment to you as an individual. They are interested in personal development which is then only going to improve/maximise performance of the individual. I have never experienced this anywhere else. Most companies are totally driven on results regardless of individual ability/development and often you are just a number.”
About Ian Williams Ltd
We are one of the UK’s leading property services companies with expertise in the social housing, education and commercial sectors. We are a financially secure business with a solid track record, having offices based across the UK.
We owe our success to our people. We are passionate about people and firmly believe that our success will only be maintained if we continue to offer you a great place to work and provide you with the opportunity to develop your career and fulfil your potential; we are proud to have been awarded Investors in People Gold accreditation.
Our Mission Statement is “A company loved by its employees and customers”, therefore we aim to ensure, what we deliver to our customers, we deliver to our employees.
As an employee of Ian Williams you’ll share in our success, which is why we offer realistic and achievable bonuses as well as regular training delivered by our Academy and the opportunity to develop within the business.
Invest the time in us by viewing our website and we look forward to investing in you.
If you think you have what it takes to become our Quantity Surveyor then click “Apply” now!
We reserve the right to shortlist prior to the closing date based on application volumes.
Ian Williams Ltd will use applicant’s details for recruitment purposes only. For more information please read our Candidate Privacy Notice located on our website
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer; therefore, applications are welcome from all.
No agencies please, if CV’s are sent from agencies, we will work with those candidates directly if you are not on our agreed PSL.
Apply for Quantity Surveyor - training opportunities
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly