Steering Group for Change Lead
The post holder will have a key role to play in leading work to improve the House of Lords Administration as a workplace, supporting the work of a new body which will be providing advice and constructive challenge to the Administration and the Commission on the way they respond to an external review of bullying and harassment.
The Ellenbogen report was published in July 2019 and set out 19 recommendations for a combination of the Administration, the Commission and the Conduct Committee to address. One of the recommendations was for the creation of a Steering Group, which the Management Board and Commission have agreed as an early step. The Group has two main objectives: to advise on the implementation of the report and to be a forum for open discussion between Members, staff and others. The Group’s objectives cover the recommendations in the report, as well as other measures to improve the workplace culture of the House. The Group’s full terms of reference are available as an attachment under additional information.
The post holder will lead the secretariat supporting the Steering Group. This includes:
- Providing advice and support for the Steering Group for Change, helping it to establish a vision and set of objectives for its work and a method for achieving them; and
- Monitoring the progress of the Administration’s responses to Naomi Ellenbogen QC’s recommendations, and report data to the Steering Group, identifying issues for it to focus on.
The successful candidate will have the following skills/experience:
- Communication: Strong communication skills and the ability to influence others, including senior stakeholders
- Analytical: Ability to navigate complex and novel governance structures and political and practical factors, and to factor these into the advice provided
- Problem Solving: Ability to solve problems and identify potential risks and issues, and to resolve or escalate them with advice on the available
- Service Delivery: Strong organisational skills, planning for service delivery, prioritising time and other resources and ability to deliver to agreed objectives.
- Team working: Effective at working in teams and coordinating well with those in other areas of the business
More information can be found in the job description.