Contact Centre Adviser - Acas Helpline
We are currently recruiting advisers to work on our Helpline in our Glasgow, Manchester, Newcastle and Nottingham offices.
The Acas Helpline receives nearly 1 million calls a year so the main role of a Helpline Adviser is to handle inbound telephone enquiries from members of the public experiencing difficulties at work. With full training in employment law provided, you will become an expert in employment relations issues. However, your role is not just providing information on employment law - you will be helping customers get to the root cause of their problems and resolve issues at an early stage.
- Handle inbound telephone enquiries and provide high-quality, impartial advice on employment rights, employment legislation and dispute resolution options to employees, employers and their representatives, tailoring advice to each individual
- Identifying appropriate options for customers, including signposting to relevant support services and referrals to other government services
- Identifying customers who may benefit from other Acas services and signposting or referring accordingly
- Offering callers the option to participate in customer evaluation surveys as and when prompted
- Accurately input anonymised information about calls into the appropriate database
- Utilise weekly development time to keep up to date with policy updates, legislation changes and case law developments
- Adhere to scheduled rosters as closely as possible to facilitate availability to meet call demand