Finance Manager Flexible full or part time hours (minimum 30 hrs per week)
At Powerhouse we believe it is important that our staff enjoy coming to work. We are a flexible, friendly employer and our mission is to create a happy workplace which gives our clients value and produces great results.
We are a leading creative content production company, shooting advertising campaigns for some of the UK’s leading brands including M&S, Booths, Center Parcs, Bacardi and Crayola.
As a forward thinking, entrepreneurial business with an ambitious growth plan we are looking to appoint a Finance Manager.
What’s the job?
This is a newly created, standalone role reporting to the Managing Director. This key appointment will sit on the strategic leadership team and assist with driving the company forward and improving processes and systems.
We are about to implement a new MIS system that will integrate all major business systems to Xero, significantly improving management information and reporting. This role will play a pivotal role in creating new systems and processes to facilitate this.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Financial analysis and control
- Monthly preparation and reporting of job costing and profitability
- Monthly preparation of the management accounts to tight deadlines, providing analysis and commentary on variances
- Preparation of monthly company payroll and expenses and quarterly VAT returns
- Preparation of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts
- Implementation and management of controls, process improvement and financial diligence across operations covering purchasing, authorisation of costs and invoicing processes
- Financial administration including sales and purchase invoicing, Bank and credit card reconciliations and journals
- Thorough credit control, reducing any bad debt and supporting the effective cashflow of the business
- Managing the relationships with external accountants, insurers and solicitors
- Company administration including oversight of building and facilities maintenance, purchasing and supplier contracts
Who we are looking for?
- You will be an experienced finance professional fully qualified in either CIMA, ACCA or ACA, ideally operating in an SME environment.
- You will have had substantial experience in both management and financial accounting including forecasting, budgeting and reporting.
- You will have strong analytical skills and be confident to contribute to strategic planning, making key business decisions and communicating effectively with non-finance Directors and managers.
- Experience in reviewing and creating systems and processes to improve business process efficiency and reporting.
- You will be flexible as the business grows to accommodate a wide range of duties
- You will have a strong level of Microsoft Excel and experience of the software package Xero or an equivalent is essential for this role.
This position is well suited to someone who is ambitious and looking to use their significant finance experience in an exciting, developing and innovative business.
We pride ourselves in our unique team culture that embodies our core values of positivity, passion, support, responsibility and integrity and want you to be able to show us how you embody these values in abundance!
During the current COVID19 lockdown period we invite you to apply through our website before the end of April and if shortlisted we will conduct a combination of both a video and telephone interview during May. As and when our business offices are operational again we will then invite applicants in for a final face to face meeting.
The start date for this position is subject to lockdown restrictions being lifted by the Government. Thank you for your patience and understanding and we look forward to your application.
Powerhouse can offer you the opportunity to secure a great work life balance, inspiration to leap out of bed in the morning, a chance to work in a friendly, fun and creative environment and the potential to develop your career as our business grows.
We are at a pivotal point of our journey and we are offering an opportunity to be at the start of something special.
To apply please send your CV and Cover Letter (in 1 doc please!) demonstrating how you meet the criteria above.