Chief People Officer
IMPOWER is the country’s largest independent consultancy focussed exclusively on delivering better public services. Our contribution to a fairer and more compassionate society is to increase the quality of citizens’ lives, by making meaningful and measurable improvements to local public services and getting the best use of the public pound. In achieving this we want to be the largest and most respected management consultancy working exclusively to improve local public services, and a great company to work for.
About the role
We are seeking a candidate for the position of Chief People Officer, reporting directly to the CEO. It is a newly created role to help support the business drive through a People Strategy that you will create in collaboration with the CEO.
If successful, you join a business at an exciting time, where you will be able to make a hugely positive difference to the organisation and its people.
The role will require you to provide strategic and operational support to the 50 + workforce across the UK, requiring you to prepare the business through its growth strategy and create a methodology that brings together compassion, open and positive culture and commercial acumen.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supporting a business “scale-up” and meet an ambitious growth strategy
- Advising and influencing your peers on the Leadership Team
- Design, deliver and implement the HR Strategy, Policy Development and Practice, including Talent Management and succession planning, employee engagement and retention, reward and recognition. As well as employee relations, organisational design and learning and development, where employees can fulfil their potential.
- Proven track record of developing and executing a D&I Strategy which in turn supports the Company brand and Employee Value Proposition (EVP).
- Proven track record of recruiting, retaining and developing high performance teams to support business growth.
- Champion the company’s values and culture to drive the employee engagement agenda, instilling a culture of success and promoting Impower as an Employer of Choice.
- Experience of developing HR experience within the team, to support their CPD.
- You will be CIPD qualified with a proven track record operationally and strategically
- You will be an influential and commercially astute HR professional.
- Organised, resilient, self-motivated and driven with a successful track record in commercial HR business partnering. You will have a proven ability to build positive relationships and take a collaborative approach when driving change. You will be a forward thinker with a passion for creating a people focussed culture.
About our offer
- Competitive salary
- 28 days annual leave (+ bank holidays), with buy/sell/rollover scheme
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance and Income Protection
- Medical and Dental insurance
- Gym Subsidy
- Family friendly policies and a wellbeing culture
- Discounts at a variety of high street retailers
- Regular training and development opportunities
- Paid volunteer/CSR days
- Regular team socials and celebrations (even virtual ones!)