BA (Hons) Events Management
Powered by Coursesonline
Get hands-on experience of events management with this practical and exciting events management degree. Take the theory learned in the classroom and immediately apply it to real-life events which you will develop, organise and deliver yourself – helping to ensure that you leave Solent University with a CV you can be proud of.
The events industry contributes £58.4 billion to the UK’s GDP and is the UK’s 16th biggest employer (UKEIS 2013). In July 2015, in recognition of the contribution that events make to the UK economy, the Prime Minister announced the creation of a specialised Events Industry Board. This board is tasked with furthering the interests of this increasingly important area.
Solent’s Event Management programme aims to help students position themselves as leaders in this growth sector, and helps ensure that they have enough knowledge to secure graduate roles once the course is complete.
This course is delivered as part of a partnership between QA Higher Education and Solent University. The programme is validated by the University and delivered by QA Higher Education.
The course information displayed on this page is correct for the academic year 2019/20. We aim to run the course as advertised however, changes may be necessary due to updates to the curriculum (due to academic or industry developments), student demand or UK compliance reasons
What you'll learn
- Strong business and customer awareness
- Project management
- Research skills
Duration study load
- 3 years
- 96-112 UCAS points
- BTEC Extended Diploma at MMM or BTEC Diploma at DD, or equivalent
- GCSE Mathematics at Grade 4 or above (previously Grade C). Applicants can sit the QA Higher Education Maths test, where 8 out 15 is required
English language requirements
- GCSE at Grade 4 (previously Grade C) or above; IELTS 6.0 with no component less than 5.5 in each band, or equivalent. Functional Skills Level 2 in English
- Applicants can sit the QA Higher Education English test, where 60% is required
Assessments are based on coursework, presentations and exams.
For students applying to begin their studies in June
QA Higher Education has two primary objectives during this rapidly evolving period regarding Coronavirus (Covid-19). The first is to ensure the welfare of its learners and staff, and the second is to ensure continuity and access to learning. In line with the sector as a whole and its response to Covid-19, if necessary, we will implement online teaching for this programme to allow you to begin your studies this June. As circumstances allow, we will review this decision with a view to bringing the programme back to face-to-face classroom tuition at the earliest appropriate time based on government and medical guidance.
You’ll be taught using a range of teaching methods that include lectures, seminars and workshops, totalling 9-12 hours per week. You will also be expected to engage in independent study, around 38 hours per week.
You will have access to Solent’s virtual learning environment that provides quick online access to assignments, lecture notes, suggested reading and other course information.
Evening and weekend study
One of our study options available for UK and EU nationals includes evenings and weekends.
This study option offers exactly the same levels of student support and the ability to balance your full-time studies with your personal life.
Who's it for?
A degree in events management is the ideal way for those who are new to the world of event management to learn the industry from the ground up. You will graduate having developed a portfolio of professional events and a range of transferable business skills.
All units are core and are worth 20 credits unless specified.
- Introduction to Events Management (40 credits)
- Leisure Marketing (Tourism and Events)
- Tourism and Events Business Practice
- Event and Activity Safety Operations
- Professional Practice for Tourism and Events
- Applied Events Management (40 credits)
- Managing Service Operations
- Work-Based Professional Studies
- Tourism and Events Research Skills
- Customer Services for Air Travel, Tourism and Events
- Contemporary Issues in Events Management
- Business Start-up
- International Marketing for Tourism and Travel
- Strategy for Management and Marketing
- Dissertation for Leisure Services (Tourism and Events) (40 credits)
- Events management
- Sales and marketing management
- Sports events promotion
- Charitable fundraising
- Conference and exhibition management
- Running your own events company
We understand the climate we're in right now and flexible payment options are available. Please apply today to find out more!
XO Student Discount Card
Coursesonline customers are now eligible to apply for an XO Student Discount Card.
Enrol in this course today to unlock exclusive deals across some of your favourite brands, including Urban Outfitters, Benefit, ASOS and more!
About Solent University Centres
Solent University Centres is all about creating opportunities: for its students, for its staff, for its partners. It offers expertise and experiences you couldn’t get anywhere else, opening doors and making introductions.
We’re focused on the practical side of higher education – giving our students the connections, experience and confidence to turn their newfound knowledge into a career with real, meaningful impact. Whoever you are, whatever your goals, we want to help you make your mark.