IASSC Lean Six Sigma Black Belt (Exam Included - With Retake) - 12 Months Access
7 days left
- Contract Type
Powered by Coursesonline
This certification course will prepare you to successfully lead and execute Lean Six Sigma projects, perform Six Sigma analysis, and use the D.M.A.I.C (Define Measure Analyze Improve Control) methodology.
It is comprised of professionally narrated e-Learning modules, interactive quizzes, tests and exams. All delivered through a system that you will have access to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
What is Six Sigma?
Six Sigma is a set of techniques and tools for process improvement. It was introduced by engineer Bill Smith while working at Motorola in 1986. Jack Welch made it central to his business strategy at General Electric in 1995. Today it is used in many industrial sectors.
Six Sigma seeks to improve the quality of the output of a process by identifying and removing the causes of defects and minimizing variability in manufacturing and business processes. It uses a set of quality management methods, mainly empirical, statistical methods, and creates a special infrastructure of people within the organization, who are experts in these methods. Each Six Sigma project carried out within an organization follows a defined sequence of steps and has specific value targets, for example: reduce process cycle time, reduce pollution, reduce costs, increase customer satisfaction, and increase profits.
The term Six Sigma originated from terminology associated with statistical modelling of manufacturing processes. The maturity of a manufacturing process can be described by a sigma rating indicating its yield or the percentage of defect-free products it creates. A six sigma process is one in which 99.99966% of all opportunities to produce some feature of a part are statistically expected to be free of defects (3.4 defective features per million opportunities). Motorola set a goal of “six sigma” for all of its manufacturing operations, and this goal became a by-word for the management and engineering practices used to achieve it.
What you'll learn
- Become a key stakeholder in leading, and implementing lean six sigma projects in your organization to Black Belt level
- Understand Six Sigma and DMAIC Methodology to Black Belt level
- Describe how to identify an improvement project in the Define phase to Black Belt level
- Explain how to measure process and product in the Measure phase to Black Belt level
- Perform data analysis and hypothesis testing in the Analyze phase to Black Belt level
- Identify the possible improvement actions for the performance of variations in the Improve phase to Black Belt level
- Define efficient operating levels for inputs and outputs in the Control phase to Black Belt level
- Identify the voice of customers, their requirements and needs
- Understand their role in the success deployment
- Understand how to develop a strategy for Six Sigma approach
- Apply the DMAIC process to business issues to Black Belt level
Duration study load
- 12 months access to course material
- 72 hours of video and reading material
- 30 hours supplementary course reading
- 5 hours of exercises
- 3 hours of quizzes/tests
- 35 hours self-study/revision
- Total duration: 145 hours
- Provided by an IASSC fully Accredited Training Organisation (ATO): Hudson
- Exam fee paid for/included to sit the official IASSC exam and get certification from the IASSC
- Exam retake in the event you fail the exam on the first attempt
- Official exam can be sat at home or in the office
- Upon successful completion of the final exam, you will receive a certification from the IASSC confirming you are fully Six Sigma Black Belt certified
- Video-based training material
- Supplementary training manual
- Downloadable course notes
- Exercise files
- Minitab example files
- Interactive quizzes
- 2 x sample test papers
- Monthly live Q&A webinar with the tutor
The IASSC Six Sigma Black Belt Certification closed book exam is made up of 150 multiple choice and true/false questions. Your time allowance for the exam is 4 hours, although you may finish the exam sooner if you are able to.
In order to achieve the professional designation of IASSC Certified Black Belt (ICBB) from the IASSC, you must score a minimum of 580 points out of a total 750 points.
The IASSC official exam can be conducted online in the comfort of your own home or office. In order to sit the exam online, you must meet the following hardware and software requirements:
- A computer with a keyboard and mouse
- A quiet and calm location at your home or office
- A web camera that you can rotate 360 degrees so you can be observed by a proctor (the observer)
- An active reliable broadband/high-speed internet connection of at least 4Mbps
- Browser compatibility: the latest version of Internet Explorer, Windows Firefox, Windows Chrome, Mac Firefox, Mac Chrome with Java (these can be downloaded for free before beginning the test)
- Enabled Java Runtime and cookies enabled which comes standard with web browsers
Who's it for?
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt is most beneficial for organizations that encourage employees to take up Quality projects and ensure efficiency in all business/industry processes. This certification is most suited for:
- Quality and process managers, system managers, analysts, auditors, engineers and executives who need to have a thorough understanding of Six Sigma to a Black Belt level. As part of your job role, you may also require the application of Six Sigma in process/quality improvements
- Production managers, production supervisors, and customer service managers
- People wanting a thorough understanding of Six Sigma thinking and techniques
- Consultants who want to incorporate Six Sigma Black Belt into their service offerings
- Professionals working in support functions like finance, purchase, sales, marketing, training, recruitment, operations, IT-support, travel, etc.
Monthly live Q&A Webinars
As part of this course, students are given access to live, online Q&A webinars with Dr Green. These run once a month and last for 1 hour. Students are invited to email in their Six Sigma course questions in the first half of each month, which Dr Green answers during the webinars. Following this, the floor is then opened to live questions from students.
If you don’t feel you have an aptitude for exams, we give you the opportunity to retake the exam in the event you fail on your first attempt. As per the IASSCs rules, you must wait a minimum of two weeks before attempting your retake. This is to allow you sufficient time to revise for the second attempt.
What is the difference between Six Sigma Green and Black Belts?
The referencing of “belts” by colour is a simple and effective way of quickly understanding an individual’s skill level. Here’s a quick look at the differences:
A Green Belt might be someone who is just learning the tips and techniques that make for good Six Sigma or Lean project execution. They are usually cutting their teeth on a first project and have received fundamental training in Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, and Control – the project execution building blocks.
In some circumstances, a Black Belt can be a former Green Belt who has shown a real knack for six sigma, likes it, and has moved forward to deliver a number of projects with quantifiable results. They also will have received additional training in deeper analysis tools (think stats) and perhaps even some instruction on change management or stakeholder influencing.
It is important to note here, however, that in order to become IASSC Black Belt certified, it is not necessary to be Green Belt certified beforehand, or have prior industry experience, or complete and submit projects as part of the Black Belt certification assessment. The only prerequisite is that you pass the official IASSC Black Belt exam. Further details on the exam can be found further down the page.
- Define Phase
- Measure Phase
- Analyse Phase
- Improve Phase
- Control Phase
- IASSC-accredited training organisation
We understand the climate we're in right now and flexible payment options are available. Please apply today to find out more!
XO Student Discount Card
Coursesonline customers are now eligible to apply for an XO Student Discount Card.
Enrol in this course today to unlock exclusive deals across some of your favourite brands, including Urban Outfitters, Benefit, ASOS and more!
In the confusing world of e-learning, Hudson is quite simply one of the best at what they do. Why? Because they offer first-class customer service. The Hudson Learning Center puts their customers’ needs before anything else. If there’s something they can do to help you, Hudson will climb mountains to do it.
The Hudson online courses, certifications, and diplomas are highly effective, offering a whole range of features designed to get you certified faster. Some of these incredible features include video and audio based training so you can see and hear your tutor, 24/7 online tutor support, and online labs to practice your skills in a simulated environment.
Come and give Hudson a try. They’ll change the way you think about learning.