7 days left
- Full Time
Doorkeepers play a key role in the smooth running of the House of Lords. They form a discrete, high profile and instantly recognisable team who are responsible for controlling access to the Chamber of the House of Lords, some committees of the House and at the main entrance used by Members of the House (Peers). They also perform a number of other functions in and around the Chamber to ensure that it functions effectively and securely, and they play a central role in the ceremonial aspects of Parliament. They have close contact and dealings with Peers and have a strong customer service tradition born out of their history and pride in their role.
The main objective of the role is to provide a service to Peers, ensuring the maintenance of good order and security at all times in and around Peer’s Entrance and the Chamber of the House of Lords and participation in Parliamentary Ceremonial occasions.
The successful candidate will have the following skills/experience:
- Excellent team-working skills together with the experience of working with a variety of people in a polite and firm manner;
- Tact, discretion and judgement including the ability to work in an impartial manner;
- Ability to deliver the highest standards in the conduct of high profile ceremonial duties;
- Experience of using IT packages (i.e. Word, Excel);
- Able to work long and sometimes unpredictable and unsocial hours;
More information can be found in the job description.