uMotif’s mission is to put patients at the centre of research by building data capture solutions people love to use. Designed with patients for patients, the uMotif platform supports data capture for each phase of clinical research across all therapeutic areas. Over 22,000 participants use our applications to track and submit e-consent, symptom, eCOA, ePRO, and wearable device data. With expertise in engaging patients and fast deployments, we work with 11 of the top 20 global pharmaceutical companies to power large real-world evidence (RWE) and virtual studies.
We are innovators, collaborators, and thought leaders out to create best-in-class solutions that help our customers improve and extend human life. Our core values are patients first, teamwork, and innovation.
We are looking for an experienced Finance Director (FD) to support and drive the scale-up phase of our growth. The role will lead implementation of financial systems and processes for scale and geographic expansion of our SaaS solutions. The FD will have a key role in raising investment and managing investor relationships. We are looking for a dynamic person with experience of working with smaller fast growth businesses and taking a hands-on approach to support business functions as well as managing external relationships.
About the role
- Design the implementation and management of accounting systems and financial reporting for the Board
- Lead financial audits and preparation of company accounts
- Support to management team for planning and measurement
- Lead commercial contracting and legal agreements
- Implement financial governance and contracting with 3rd party suppliers
- Financial modelling and analysis for investment
- Liaise with Company Secretary and provide input to capital structure
- Proven ability to construct and run fit-for-purpose financial accounting/reporting systems
- Commercial acumen to lead or assist in pricing/contract negotiation/supply agreements
- Work at pace and with a can-do attitude that a high growth business requires
- Thorough understanding of SaaS businesses
- Hands on approach and financial modelling capability
- Balance of financial independence and being part of a management team
- Experience of working with overseas offices/subsidiaries
Nice to have
- Experience with Venture backed businesses
- Involvement in Series B rounds/growth investment
- Experience of running departments other than finance
- Healthcare / life sciences industry knowledge
What we offer
An attractive benefits package including 25 days’ holiday per year, additional day off for your birthday, Private Medical Insurance with Bupa (employee cover only), Cycle to Work scheme, ‘uToken’ annual lifestyle bonus, contribution to Workplace pension, Share Options, training & personal development allowance
We are looking for the successful candidate to start as soon as possible and applications will be considered in the order we receive them.
uMotif is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity
No recruiters please.