Decentralized Network Engineer
We are a company of developers, engineers, product owners and designers. We are obsessed with technology and we are on a mission to help make doing business on the internet better. Headquartered in London, our team is spread across 8 different cities around the world. Our goal is to deliver great products and do so in a 21st century way.
We operate a number of https://kubernetes.io/ clusters which operate on both edge user devices and a number of cloud environments. Over the course of the next year we will be upgrading these to operate as an interconnected web of https://www.hyperledger.org/use/fabric clusters containing primary blockchain nodes and ancillary services.
Part of our network is also connected to 3rd party financial organizations using the Open Banking and other financial protocols and needs to provide a secure resilient environment the services which are running there.
A full time engineer responsible for the design and implementation of our development, test and production networks who will work with our technical and operational teams to provide the network functionality we need to secure and operate all aspects of our business on a day to day basis. They will also work with our senior technical team to plan out the future technical road map.
The ideal candidate with have experience of operating kubernetes in both bare bones and cloud environments and be aware of how to configure deployments that work for both k8s, and k3s flavours of the platform. They should also have some exposure to Hyperledger Fabric, or blockchains in more general, or demonstrate the ability to adapt to new technologies. In addition, as all of our core services are written in golang we would expect any network components to be written in the same language, so experience of or exposure to go is highly desirable.
Technical Skills required:
- Good programming skills (Golang)
- Networking skills (OSI model, udp/tcp, loadBalancers, ssl termination)
- Designing infrastructure in a secure and cloud-native way
- Strong Kubernetes skills (writing helm charts, managing cluster (cert-manager, ingress, prometeus/grafana, logging), istio/Knative experience is nice to have
- Automating projects with CI/CD and gitlab/Kubernetes
- Ability to do the final integration of application and adjusting it to deployment needs/limitations
- Knowledge and experience of integrating third party applications into clusters.
- Experience of working with other departments, Product, Operations, Development to deliver timely and appropriate solutions
- Experience of managing 3rd parties, specifically security reviews, and possibly other services
- Awareness of the broader technology environment and marketplace
- Open minded and able retain independence of thought from existing solutions
- Personally, organized and goal driven
- Comfortable with remote working
- Able to communicate clearly with colleagues and partners
- Hyper ledger Fabric Deployment
- Ethereum Deployments
- Peer-to-peer networking (specifically https://libp2p.io/)
- Experience of https://gravitational.com/gravity/, https://k3s.io/
- Knowledge of the Google and Amazon cloud environment
- These are desirable as they will form a major part of our work over the first 6 months