Decentralized Platform Engineer
We are a company of developers, engineers, product owners and designers. We are obsessed with technology and we are on a mission to help make doing business on the internet better. Headquartered in London, our team is spread across 8 different cities around the world. Our goal is to deliver great products and do so in a 21st century way.
We are looking for a platofmr engineering export to join our 'rain maker' project. We have an ambitious plan to extract kubernetes based 'droplets' from the cloud and put them onto every PC and home router first in the UK and then acroos Europe.
We will combine this with our Open Banking based blockchain to provide a truly decentralised and democratised payments, application and content distribution platform to homes across the continent.
Our development team has spent the last two years prototyping and building the core components of this platform which we are launching into the the wild in the next few months. We are looking for a platform and networking engineer to take what we have build and to help us adapt it to run decentralised at scale.
To do this we will be asking you to work with us to push the boundaries of accepted networking and deployment practices to deliver as secure population scale decentralised platform. From our work to date we know its possible, we are looking for somebody who can help us with our journey to make it real.
If you are that person the job description below explains our current understanding of where you will start. You will be a critical contributor to where we end up. If you are not that person but know somebody who is please put them in touch.
The ideal candidate with have experience of operating kubernetes in both bare bones and cloud environments and be aware of how to configure deployments that work for both k8s, and k3s flavours of the platform. They should also have some exposure to Hyperledger Fabric, or blockchains in more general, or demonstrate the ability to adapt to new technologies. In addition, as all of our core services are written in golang we would expect any network components to be written in the same language, so experience of or exposure to go is highly desirable.
Technical Skills required:
- Good programming skills (Golang)
- Networking skills (OSI model, udp/tcp, loadBalancers, ssl termination)
- Designing infrastructure in a secure and cloud-native way
- Strong Kubernetes skills (writing helm charts, managing cluster (cert-manager, ingress, prometeus/grafana, logging), istio/Knative experience is nice to have
- Automating projects with CI/CD and gitlab/Kubernetes
- Ability to do the final integration of application and adjusting it to deployment needs/limitations
- Knowledge and experience of integrating third party applications into clusters.
- Experience of working with other departments, Product, Operations, Development to deliver timely and appropriate solutions
- Experience of managing 3rd parties, specifically security reviews, and possibly other services
- Awareness of the broader technology environment and marketplace
- Open minded and able retain independence of thought from existing solutions
- Personally, organized and goal driven
- Comfortable with remote working
- Able to communicate clearly with colleagues and partners
- Hyper ledger Fabric Deployment
- Ethereum Deployments
- Peer-to-peer networking (specifically https://libp2p.io/)
- Experience of https://gravitational.com/gravity/, https://k3s.io/
- Knowledge of the Google and Amazon cloud environment
- These are desirable as they will form a major part of our work over the first 6 months