Finance Business Partner (NHS)
- Are you an experienced Finance Business Partner?
- Have you worked as a Finance Business Partner within the NHS, Private Healthcare or Public Sector?
- Have you worked closely with Clinical staff in order to achieve and maintain financial control and financial balance?
- Have you provided specialist financial advise and business skills input to the planning of service developments, including strategic change?
- Have you provided financial training to managers, clinical staff and budget holders?
- Can you work in Eastbourne and other local East Sussex locations?
- Are you able to work on a temporary ongoing basis?
If so, I would love to speak with you as our Healthcare client are hiring for an experienced Finance Business Partner to join their team.
Finance Business Partner (Band 8A)
Location: Eastbourne and East Sussex areas
Travelling: This will be involved within the local area if required
Working from home option: This will be discussed during the interview stage
Type of role: Temporary
Duration of role: This is a temporary ongoing role with no end date specified
£25.00 to £29.61 paye including Holiday Pay per hour or £29.00 to £33.70 umbrella per hour depending on skill and experience
Working days and hours: Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week, 9.00am to 5.00pm
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Working closely with clinicians in order to achieve and maintain financial control and financial balance within the Clinical Division.
- Always acting to promote financial awareness across the trust and co-ordinate a consistent approach to budget setting, business cases and reporting.
- Ensuring that the decisions taken are fully informed and backed by robust and accurate financial information and the requirement to live within available resources
- Always comparing to high performing organisations to ensure continuous learning from others for example benchmarking the costs of services provided within the Clinical Division with national examples including Lord Carter data.
- Supporting colleagues within the Clinical Division in terms of understanding financial information and the financial consequences of decisions taken.
- Working co-operatively with other Finance Business Partners and the finance department to ensure common standards of accounting practice are maintained within the Trust.
- Keep the Head of Financial Management informed of all significant issues within the Clinical Division, which may impact on the forecast financial performance of the Trust. Present complex financial information at Integrated Performance reviews.
- Contributing to and where appropriate leading on corporate financial projects.
Specific activities will include the full range of normal financial management activities in an acute and community trust setting. These will be both operationally focused and strategically directed, and will include:
- The provision of necessary input to the Clinical Division with regard to Budget setting and control. This will include with the Clinical Lead, General Manager and Head of nursing setting and agreeing the Clinical Division budget within the framework and timetable set by the Director of Finance.
- Provide specialist financial and business skills input to the planning of any service developments including strategic change within the Clinical Division and as appropriate as part of the Trustâ€™s wider strategic plans.
- Modelling the costing and pricing of service changes.
- Working with the contracting team to advise the Clinical Division on the implications of Payment by Results on any service change.
- Providing the Clinical Division with information on the links between the achievement of performance targets and the financial performance of the Clinical Division.
- Provision of financial training to managers, clinicians and all budget holders within the Clinical Division.