LLM Medical Law and Ethics - Part-time
7 days left
- Contract Type
Powered by Coursesonline
This flexible LLM Medical Law and Ethics Part-time programme is perfect for law graduates wanting to develop their knowledge and understanding of Medical Law. The course is equally suitable for those aspiring to careers in medical law as well as those desiring to simply find out more about how medical law is applied in practice. Whatever your goals may be, this course will provide you with the tools to accomplish them.
The award-linked module for this course is Medical Law and Ethics, which will delve into various aspects of medical law, such as requests for treatments, refusal of treatment, medical negligence and the future of medical liability. The objective of this module is to place medical law in a practical framework and equip students with the skills and knowledge to successfully apply complex theory to real-life client scenarios.
The flexibility offered by this course means that students can mould their degree according to their career goals, regardless of what these goals may be.
Duration study load
- Part-time online: 24 months
- Full-time: 12 months
Students should possess a UK bachelor’s degree in law at 2:2 or above or equivalent qualifications.
- Taught by subject matter experts. Across all of our academic Master’s Programmes in Law, you will be taught by a combination of former and current practitioners and research and teaching focused academics
- Focus on legal practice, not just theory. We are committed to teaching the law in context so that you understand the importance of legal rules as they are applied in the real world
- Benefit from strategic partnerships with firms, regulators and accreditation bodies which inform our programme development
- Enjoy flexibility. Design your own degree pathway; transfer between courses and study modes**
- Learn about Legal Technology. As a result of the embedded flexibility of the Master’s Programmes in Law, you can select to study modules in legal technology, gaining insight into this emerging area
- Improve your employability. Gain those all-important transferable skills and benefit from clear career mapping with our careers team
- You could be eligible for a postgraduate student loan
**Subject to cut off dates and programme compliance
The taught modules are either assessed by a three-hour unseen written examination or 4,500-word coursework assignment.
For both blended (face to face) and online study modes, attendance at one of our UK campuses (or an approved overseas centre by prior arrangement) is required for examinations. The default campus location for online study is London.
The dissertation module will be assessed by the submission of a thesis (15,000 words). The dissertation provides an opportunity for a sustained, in-depth and intensive investigation into, and reflection upon, a specialist area of Medical Law and Ethics.
This course is delivered entirely online. The full-time option is divided into three terms over one calendar year, while the part-time option is divided over 6 terms in two calendar years. There is an online induction at the beginning of the course.
Each taught module is delivered over ten teaching weeks, with two-hour workshops each week. All preparatory material, including any lecture content, is provided on the VLE, as is all consolidation material.
The dissertation is undertaken in either Term 3 (full-time) or Terms 5 and 6 (part-time). All taught modules must have been completed before you begin the dissertation.
- Medical Law and Ethics
- Advocacy and Bar Skills
- Artificial Intelligence and Blockchain in Law
- Board Dynamics and Strategy
- Civil and Criminal Litigation
We understand the climate we're in right now and flexible payment options are available. Please apply today to find out more!
XO Student Discount Card
Coursesonline customers are now eligible to apply for an XO Student Discount Card.
Enrol in this course today to unlock exclusive deals across some of your favourite brands, including Urban Outfitters, Benefit, ASOS and more!
About The University of Law
The University of Law can trace its heritage back to 1876, with the formation of leading tutorial firm Gibson & Weldon. As the UK's longest-established specialist legal education provider, we've trained more practising lawyers in England and Wales than anyone else
The University has committed itself to ensure that students only ever learn in a realistic, professional, and contemporary context, with the support of tutors, over 90% of whom who are qualified solicitors, barristers, and judges, all with extensive practical experience. With a rich legacy and a reputation for innovative teaching practices, the University of Law retains a firm focus on developing the very best legal minds.