MSc Legal Technology – Part-time
7 days left
- Contract Type
Powered by Coursesonline
The MSc Legal Technology is a highly flexible course, perfect for law and non-law graduates wishing to advance their knowledge of Legal Technology. The programme is designed to appeal to students with diverse goals and aspirations and is therefore suitable to both those driven by their desire to boost their careers prospects, start their own business, as well as those simply interested in learning more about how technology works in the legal sphere. Whatever your goals are, this course will give you the intellectual wherewithal to achieve them.
The award-linked module on this course is Artificial Intelligence and Blockchain in Law, designed to explore how technological innovation is fundamentally altering decision-making and forging a new normal in legal practice operations. The module will also consider the two main technologies enabling this change: artificial intelligence and blockchain. Upon completion, students will have gained the opportunity to practically familiarise themselves with the technology, investigating how it works and considering the legal and regulatory issues its use can pose.
The flexible nature of this programme means that students can craft their degree according to their own professional goals, regardless of what those goals may be.
Duration study load
- Part-time online: 24 months
- Full-time: 12 months
Students must possess an undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in any subject at 2:2 or above.
- Taught by subject matter experts. Across all of our academic Master’s Programmes in Law, you will be taught by a combination of former and current practitioners and research and teaching focused academics
- Focus on legal practice, not just theory. We are committed to teaching the law in context so that you understand the importance of legal rules as they are applied in the real world
- Benefit from strategic partnerships with firms, regulators and accreditation bodies which inform our programme development
- Enjoy flexibility. Design your own degree pathway; transfer between courses and study modes**
- Improve your employability. Gain those all-important transferable skills and benefit from clear career mapping with our careers team
- You could be eligible for a postgraduate student loan
**Subject to cut off dates and programme compliance
The taught modules are either assessed by a three-hour unseen written examination or 4,500-word coursework assignment.
For both blended (face to face) and online study modes, attendance at one of our UK campuses (or an approved overseas centre by prior arrangement) is required for examinations. The default campus location for online study is London.
The dissertation module will be assessed by the submission of a thesis (15,000 words). The dissertation provides an opportunity for a sustained, in-depth and intensive investigation into, and reflection upon, a specialist area of Legal Technology.
This course is delivered entirely online. The full-time option is divided into three terms over one calendar year, while the part-time option is divided over 6 terms in two calendar years. There is an online induction at the beginning of the course.
Each taught module is delivered over ten teaching weeks, with two-hour workshops each week. All preparatory material, including any lecture content, is provided on the VLE, as is all consolidation material.
The dissertation is undertaken in either Term 3 (full time) or Terms 5 and 6 (part-time). All taught modules must have been completed before you begin the dissertation.
- Artificial Intelligence and Blockchain in Law
- Board Dynamics and Strategy
- Company Law in Practice
- Corporate Governance and Disruptive Technology*
- Corporate Governance in Practice
We understand the climate we're in right now and flexible payment options are available. Please apply today to find out more!
XO Student Discount Card
Coursesonline customers are now eligible to apply for an XO Student Discount Card.
Enrol in this course today to unlock exclusive deals across some of your favourite brands, including Urban Outfitters, Benefit, ASOS and more!
About The University of Law
The University of Law can trace its heritage back to 1876, with the formation of leading tutorial firm Gibson & Weldon. As the UK's longest-established specialist legal education provider, we've trained more practising lawyers in England and Wales than anyone else
The University has committed itself to ensure that students only ever learn in a realistic, professional, and contemporary context, with the support of tutors, over 90% of whom who are qualified solicitors, barristers, and judges, all with extensive practical experience. With a rich legacy and a reputation for innovative teaching practices, the University of Law retains a firm focus on developing the very best legal minds.