LLM Corporate Governance Grad ICSA – Part-time
Powered by Coursesonline
This LLM Corporate Governance Grad ICSA Part-time course is the perfect avenue for law graduates seeking to grow their careers in a way that is both flexible and enriching. Though targeting a similar set of skills and knowledge, the LLM Corporate Governance Grad ICSA programme is unlike our other corporate governance master’s programmes. The main difference is that it’s accredited by the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA) and is in line with the new ICSA Qualifying Programme syllabus. The latter meaning that in order to pass the course, students must complete a set curriculum.
Following the completion of this course and your LLM, you will have the option to apply for the Grad ICSA membership, which will provide you with global recognition of your professional qualifications and boost your career prospects. You will also be able to apply for chartered membership of ICSA once you have acquired relevant work experience.
Duration study load
- Part-time online: 24 months
- Full-time: 12 months
Students should possess a UK bachelor’s degree in law at 2:2 or above or equivalent qualifications.
- Taught by subject matter experts. Across all of our academic Master’s Programmes in Law, you will be taught by a combination of former and current practitioners and research and teaching focused academics
- Stay one step ahead of the competition: The ULaw LLM Corporate Governance Grad ICSA is the only master’s level programme mapped to the NEW 2019 GRAD ICSA syllabus
- Gain insight into the latest developments: We work closely with the ICSA to ensure this programme fully prepares you for practice as a governance professional
- Focus on legal practice, not just theory. We are committed to teaching the law in context so that you understand the importance of legal rules as they are applied in the real world
- Benefit from strategic partnerships with firms, regulators and accreditation bodies which inform our programme development
- Learn about Legal Technology. We embed technology across all our programmes where appropriate, giving students as much hands-on experience as possible
- Improve your employability. Gain those all-important transferable skills and benefit from clear career mapping with our careers team
- You could be eligible for a postgraduate student loan
The taught modules are either assessed by a three-hour unseen written examination or 4,500-word coursework assignment.
For both blended (face to face) and online study modes, attendance at one of our UK campuses (or an approved overseas centre by prior arrangement) is required for examinations.
The dissertation module will be assessed by the submission of a thesis (15,000 words). The dissertation provides an opportunity for a sustained, in-depth and intensive investigation into, and reflection upon, a specialist area of Corporate Governance.
Upon successful completion, and in addition to your LLM, you will be eligible for Grad ICSA membership. Once you have gained enough relevant work experience, you will be able to apply to become a full chartered member of ICSA.
This course is delivered entirely online. The full-time online is divided into three terms over one calendar year, while the part-time option is divided over 6 terms in two calendar years. There is an online induction at the beginning of the course.
Each taught module is delivered over ten teaching weeks, with two-hour workshops each week. All preparatory material, including any lecture content, is provided on the VLE, as is all consolidation material.
The dissertation is undertaken in either Term 3 (full-time) or Terms 5 and 6 (part-time). All taught modules must have been completed before you begin the dissertation.
- Board Dynamics and Strategy
- Company Law and Compliance
- Corporate Governance in Practice
- Finance, Accounting and Risk Management
- Corporate Governance related Dissertation (15,000 words)
- Research Methods Training (not separately assessed)
- Accredited by ICSA
We understand the climate we're in right now and flexible payment options are available. Please apply today to find out more!
XO Student Discount Card
Coursesonline customers are now eligible to apply for an XO Student Discount Card.
Enrol in this course today to unlock exclusive deals across some of your favourite brands, including Urban Outfitters, Benefit, ASOS and more!
About The University of Law
The University of Law can trace its heritage back to 1876, with the formation of leading tutorial firm Gibson & Weldon. As the UK's longest-established specialist legal education provider, we've trained more practising lawyers in England and Wales than anyone else
The University has committed itself to ensure that students only ever learn in a realistic, professional, and contemporary context, with the support of tutors, over 90% of whom who are qualified solicitors, barristers, and judges, all with extensive practical experience. With a rich legacy and a reputation for innovative teaching practices, the University of Law retains a firm focus on developing the very best legal minds.