PG Cert Legal Technology – Part-time
3 days left
- Contract Type
Powered by Coursesonline
The PG Cert Legal Technology Part-time is a highly flexible study option, created for law and non-law graduates wishing to develop a comprehensive knowledge of Legal Technology without the need to commit to a full master’s programme. The course is well suited to a variety of goals, from career progression and entrepreneurship to developing an in-depth understanding of the extent to which technology is transforming the legal sphere. Whatever the goals, the PG Cert Legal Technology programme can help students achieve them.
Both programmes feature Artificial Intelligence and Blockchain in Law as their award-linked module. The module will explore the degree to which technological innovation is causing a profound shift in decision-making and forming a new normal in legal practice operations through the lens of the two main technologies enabling this change: artificial intelligence and blockchain. To supplement the complex theory, the module will give students the opportunity to test the technology, allowing for a richer understanding of its mechanism and the legal and regulatory issues its use poses.
The flexibility offered by this programme means that students can mould their degree according to their professional ambitions, regardless of what they may be.
Duration study load
- Part-time: 34 weeks
- Full-time: 17 weeks
Students must possess an undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in any subject at 2:2 or above.
- Taught by subject matter experts. Across all of our academic Master’s Programmes in Law, you will be taught by a combination of former and current practitioners and research and teaching focused academics
- Focus on legal practice, not just theory. We are committed to teaching the law in context so that you understand the importance of legal rules as they are applied in the real world
- Benefit from strategic partnerships with firms, regulators and accreditation bodies which inform our programme development
- Enjoy flexibility. Design your own degree pathway; transfer between courses and study modes**
- Improve your employability. Gain those all-important transferable skills and benefit from clear career mapping with our careers team
- You could be eligible for a postgraduate student loan
**Subject to cut off dates and programme compliance
The taught modules are either assessed by a three-hour unseen written examination or 4,500-word coursework assignment.
For both blended (face to face) and online study modes, attendance at one of our UK campuses (or an approved overseas centre by prior arrangement) is required for examinations. The default campus location for online study is London.
This course is delivered entirely online using synchronous and asynchronous learning methods including live synchronous online workshops. There is an online induction at the beginning of the course.
Each taught module is delivered over ten teaching weeks, with two-hour workshops each week. All preparatory material, including any lecture content, is provided on the VLE, as is all consolidation material.
- Artificial Intelligence and Blockchain in Law
- Board Dynamics and Strategy
- Company Law in Practice
- Corporate Governance and Disruptive Technology*
- Corporate Governance in Practice
- Finance, Accounting and Risk Management
We understand the climate we're in right now and flexible payment options are available. Please apply today to find out more!
XO Student Discount Card
Coursesonline customers are now eligible to apply for an XO Student Discount Card.
Enrol in this course today to unlock exclusive deals across some of your favourite brands, including Urban Outfitters, Benefit, ASOS and more!
About The University of Law
The University of Law can trace its heritage back to 1876, with the formation of leading tutorial firm Gibson & Weldon. As the UK's longest-established specialist legal education provider, we've trained more practising lawyers in England and Wales than anyone else
The University has committed itself to ensure that students only ever learn in a realistic, professional, and contemporary context, with the support of tutors, over 90% of whom who are qualified solicitors, barristers, and judges, all with extensive practical experience. With a rich legacy and a reputation for innovative teaching practices, the University of Law retains a firm focus on developing the very best legal minds.