Part-Time Assistant Accountant / Bookkeeper
Auerbach & Steele is a premium independent optical practice situated on the King’s Road in Chelsea.
We are currently looking for an experienced and skilled bookkeeper to join our team on a part-time basis (two to three days per week depending on experience).
Duties include maintaining all aspects of the day-to-day accounting function using Xero cloud-based software requiring
- Detailed knowledge of Xero cloud-based software
- Maintenance of the purchase ledger to include posting invoices, reconciling to supplier statements and responsibility for supplier payments.
- Importing sales from the practice management software under Making Tax Digital rules for VAT and responsibility for sales ledger.
- Reconciliation of outstanding customer balances to sales ledger control.
- Use of digital scanning software to maintain a paperless audit trail.
- Complete responsibility for business bank account reconciliation to include control over regular payments and ad-hoc payments as required.
- Knowledge of payroll and auto enrolment pension (payroll to be maintained by third party.)
- Knowledge of VAT partial exemption rules – preferred but not essential.
- Monthly management account reporting to the director.
- Preparation of year end accounts file for external accountants
- Completion of budgeted and cashflow projections
- Liaison with 3rd parties and maintaining key relationships with Accountant/Banks/Suppliers.
The ideal candidate will be AAT/ ACCA/ CIMA qualified
Good communication skills
Good IT skills
Ability to prioritize tasks and work under pressure
This is a great opportunity to join a flourishing independent business and to become an integral member of the team.