PSHE Secondary Teacher, Full time
- Personal Development/PSHE Teacher
- Full time
- Location: Durham
Education World are working with one of our partner schools who are looking for an experienced PSHE Teacher with an engaging, creative personality who has a strong ability to build rapport with vulnerable students.
All pupils attending will have experienced challenges in mainstream schools prior to attending this provision. Upon coming to this specialist provision, students are offered more flexible and creative pathways to access education. The key reason most pupils attend this provision is due to their complex social, emotional and mental health needs. Challenging behaviour is a common presentation in this setting.
Personal development will cover PSHE with the aim of supporting these pupils with Complex SEMH needs to make positive life choices after they leave school. The right candidate for the role will be an inspirational role model, able to set a positive example, build a strong positive rapport with pupils and make the content relative and engaging for this unique cohort.
The PSHE Teacher will:
- Play a vital role in the re-development of the school curriculum to revolve around the 3 pillars of core subjects, vocational subjects and Personal Development
- Experience supporting young people with Social, Emotional and Mental Health Needs
- Have experience working in a school setting and managing challenging behaviour
- Strong understanding of societal inequalities and barriers to learning
- Education and training in pastoral support, behaviour management and attachment
- A genuine passion for supporting marginalised youth, patience and professionalism
- What Education world can offer you
- Excellent rates of pay through PAYE
- Access to placements across the North East
- Fun and passionate professionals to support your career
- Support throughout your placements
- Exciting training courses delivered throughout the year
- Refundable DBS
- We look forward to working with you and whenever you refer anyone to us who has experience working with young people you can earn up to £50 cash once they work for Education World too.
- Education world Ltd is dedicated to the Schools they service and the candidates they represent by ensuring all safeguarding checks are complete in line with the REC. Education World is committed to being open, honest and promote equal opportunities and diversity for all employees, workers and applicants. We will continuously review all aspects of recruitment to avoid unlawful discrimination.