Floating Support Worker
Rocasa Consulting is recruiting for a Floating Support Worker for a supported living unit in Liverpool. The unit consists of 32 beds providing for 16-21 yearolds with mental health needs.
- Assist customers in developing their confidence, empower them to have their say and raise their awareness of the opportunities available to them both locally and beyond.
- Create a motivational, inspiring and dignified environment that supports young people regardless of background, in order to enhance their quality of life particularly those with complex issues including social isolation, alienation, trauma, lack of self-confidence and low self-esteem.
- Ensure that support and risk reviews are conducted weekly and recorded with actions in place. Move on plans are identified during the first week of service and progressed with the Floating Life Skills Worker regarding the PFIs and housing associations for resettlement. Arrange multi-agency meetings where support concerns, non-engagement and escalating risk issues are identified.
- Agree rent payments to be applied and discussed at each support meeting, ensuring that the Assistant Neighbourhood Officer is aware of the void and pre-void checks required.
- Conduct and record the outcomes of twice weekly room inspections, notifying the Assistant Neighbourhood Officer and Assistant Team Leader of any room defects or concerns.
- Record the support and risk review sessions on a weekly basis.
- Complete accurate, factual and informative incident and safeguarding reports within 24 hours. These must link directly to the customerâ€™s risk assessment, support plan and file notes. Ensure that evidence is documented, and minutes provided of any multi-agency contact.
- Provide handover to Night Concierge service disclosing any concerns to the Assistant Team Leader and Team Leader, including checking CCTV for concerns of activities and recording in the log book.