- English Teacher
- Secondary SEMH School
- Full time position, Monday to Friday
- To Start in January
- OFSTED rated GOOD
- Location: Waltham Forest
Are you an English Teacher looking to work at a school that celebrates difference, challenges staff and pupils to grow and maintains high expectations? Based in Waltham Forest, this challenging role comes with exceptional rewards for an English Teacher who wants to support the most vulnerable youth in society.
There are only 65 students attending this specialist Waltham Forest school. Each student requires support with Social, Emotional, and/or Mental Health issues (SEMH). Pupils are aged between 10-18 years old and in addition to their behavioural needs, may have a range of further complex and profound needs.
Students attending exhibit very challenging behaviour and have found it difficult to cope in mainstream settings. Often pupils will have fallen behind their peers academically due to their early schooling and learning being severely disrupted and fragmented. This chaotic start to schooling can often result in self-esteem issues and anti-social behaviour. The school works hard to change pupils' perspectives on schooling away from seeing school as a punishment. Teachers play a vital role in encouraging students to make positive choices and changes that will serve them well in future life and further education and training.
The English Teacher will work alongside teaching staff to teach students to take responsibility for their behaviour and its consequences. In line with the school's values of tolerance and respect, pupils learn to own their mistakes and seek to make amends. The school environment is well structured with clear rules, expectations and consequences for behaviour. There is also a strong focus on building positive relationships.
The English Teacher will:
- Work with pupils in KS3 and KS4
- Have relevant the relevant education and training to work as a qualified teacher
- Be confident to differentiate to a range of needs including pupils achieving at a primary level
- Have experience supporting pupils with challenging behaviour
- Be positive and resilient nature
- Specialist SEMH Setting for pupils aged 10-18 years of age
- Follows the national curriculum with a strong focus on differentiating to each pupils needs
- Education and Training opportunities for staff to develop as SEMH specialists
- OFSTED rated GOOD
- Based in Waltham Forest
What Academics can offer you:
- A dedicated recruitment consultant for the Waltham Forest and the East London area
- A consultative and collaborative approach to recruitment - with a view to supporting you to achieve your career objectives
- Industry advice from a SEN consultant with a background in Special Educational Needs
- Tailored interview and trial preparation to ensure you are feeling confident and well prepared
- A dedicated compliance consultant to manage your file clearance
- An online timesheet portal and PAYE pay options to make things quick and easy