Social Media Servicing Assistant
At Northern, we’re creating a brand-new future. Not just for our organisation, but one that will transform the way we all think about rail travel. And if you’re forward thinking, passionate and full of fresh ideas like we are, you could play your part in making it happen. Almost all of our £500m fleet of new, state-of-the-art trains are in services and we’re investing millions more in our existing fleet of trains and on station improvements. All so we can continue to connect thousands of people across the North to work, leisure, education and more every day. Our vision is all about taking them in an exciting new direction, delivering a different kind of travel experience, and introducing new ways of working. We’re also investing in our people too, and we’re committed to building a business that’s just as diverse as the communities we serve. So whatever your background, and whatever you have in mind for your own future, we think you’ll fit right in here.
Our Social Media Team are responsible for delivering excellent customer information and support via social media channels. As Social Media Servicing Assistant, your role will focus on delivering consistent and up to date messages, delivering excellent customer service and support on content creation. You’ll already be a confident communicator, able to tackle all types of situations with a positive outlook.
Part of your responsibilities will be to:
• Provide excellent customer service via approved social media channels
• Work in a manner that puts the customer first
• Identify and escalate issues to relevant teams across the north
• Gather and create content from across the Northern network including photos and videos
• Understand and deliver the social media strategy
To succeed in this role, first and foremost, you’ll need to be passionate about social media, you’ll also need to confident and IT savvy. You’ll work well within a team and will be able to gather information from multiple sources and respond to customers quickly. You’ll have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and a very high level of accuracy. Knowledge or experience of the UK rail industry is also highly beneficial but not essential.
• Experience of working in a fast-paced customer service environment
• A socially focused attitude with excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
• Knowledge and understanding of social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office and ability to grasp other computer programmes / software systems quickly
• Experience in developing and managing content plus strong knowledge of content/channel strategy from creation to delivery
• Experience in Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere Pro, Photoshop, After Effects and Illustrator) for photo and video creation would be desirable but not essential
In return, you’ll discover brilliant opportunities to grow and progress within Northern. Not to mention amazing perks and benefits like free or discounted travel, employee assistance, generous policies, regular pay reviews and a great pension.