Business support manager
Speakeasy is a small specialist NW charity supporting people affected by aphasia – a communication disability following brain damage, often stroke. We deliver an evolving and innovative range of activity based from premises in Ramsbottom, and we create and interact with appropriate activities nationally and internationally. Our small staff comprises speech and language therapists and volunteers who assist in delivering our work.
Speakeasy is recruiting for the new role of Business Support Manager
- Developing and maintaining own systems for supporting delivery of activity and organization management
- Tracking and coordinating project financials and reports and providing information to the financial trustee
- Supporting fundraising and grant initiatives
- Managing and enhancing our online profile, e.g. social media and website
- Support for member activities as required
- Diary and office management
- Support for colleagues with aphasia
- Support for the Chief Executive
- Coordination of support for the trustees
- Coordination and support for meetings, Speakeasy annual conference, fundraising or similar special events
- Attention to detail essential
- Takes ownership of actions and drives completion of actions through others e.g. Trustees and volunteers
- Proactive in coordinating systems and data
- Confident with business software, IT systems and social media
- Good communication skills. This role requires interaction with a variety of stakeholders – people with aphasia, trustees, grant makers etc. through a variety of channels: email, phone, videoconferencing, text/ WhatsApp etc
- Identifies and actions opportunities e.g. for fundraising/ sharing information etc.
- Flexibility of time commitment offered by mutual agreement to suit variations in demand
- Ability to work remotely and deliver to agreed timescales
Willingness to support other charitable duties as required
This is a stimulating and rewarding role that could suit someone who needs flexibility in their work pattern. We can offer a mix of home and office based working (Ramsbottom) depending on task requirements and COVID-19 restrictions.
The expected hourly commitment per week will be 7 hours which could be averaged out per month if appropriate and will likely involve additional hours at the start of the contract to establish appropriate business systems.
The role is starting asap, will involve a probationary period and will be subject to review of the time commitment required as the role develops.
We will provide communication skills training
Circa £25 - £30K pro rata based on experience.
Please contact email@example.com to express an interest, submit CV or for further details.