- SEN Teacher
- KS2 Primary Class
- Full time position, Monday to Friday
- To Start ASAP
- OFSTED rated Good
- Location: Barking and Dagenham
This school in Barking and Dagenham provides education and training for pupils aged 5 to 19 years with complex SEMH, mental health and behavioural needs. The school are looking to recruit a SEN Teacher with a genuine passion for working with vulnerable youth, who is experienced, resilient and has the right skills.
The SEN Teacher will be working with a class of 6 pupils, aged from Year 5-7. Two students in the class have not been in education for the last 3 years. The behavioural challenges at present are immense and this Barking and Dagenham school are really looking for a special teacher with a strong ability to build rapport and experience supporting highly vulnerable young people. The SEN Teacher will be working alongside an experienced and dedicated SEN TA who will provide excellent collaborative support. Monday is a full class day but the rest of the week the class are split in half, with one half off site for vocational experience.
There is a core focus on therapy at the school. The curriculum is split into four distinct areas, with only one section being dedicated to the School Based Curriculum. The other areas of focus are Personal Development and Achievement, Vocational Programme and Transitions, and Therapeutic Interventions.
Pupils at this school have often already attended several other specialist provisions before. Many have experienced highly disrupted education and training and inconsistent support. There is an extensive therapy team on site who work closely with the teaching and support teams.
The SEN Teacher must have:
- A creative ability to teach and respond to behavioural needs
- Experience supporting young people with SEMH needs
- Experience working in a school setting with complex behaviour highly desired
- Genuine passion for supporting vulnerable youth, patience and professionalism
- Strong belief in the potential of every child and the right of every child to receive support
- Relevant education and training to work with SEMH and vulnerable young people
- OFSTED rated GOOD
- Pupils aged 5-19 years old
- Around 46 Pupils on site
- Strong Therapy Team and focus
- 2nd Vocational Site which is separate to the school
- A highly specialised SEMH setting also supporting pupils with Autism
- Based in Barking and Dagenham
What Academics can offer you:
- A dedicated recruitment consultant for Barking and Dagenham and the East London area
- A consultative and collaborative approach to recruitment - with a view to supporting you to achieve your career objectives
- Industry advice from a SEN consultant with a background in Special Educational Needs
- Tailored interview and trial preparation to ensure you are feeling confident and well prepared
- A dedicated compliance consultant to manage your file clearance
- An online timesheet portal and PAYE pay options to make things quick and easy