SEMH Teaching Assistant
- * SEMH Teaching Assistant
- * £70+ per day
- * KS4 Pupil Referral Unit
- * Full time position, Monday to Friday
- * To Start January
- * OFSTED rated Good
- * Location: Woking
I am currently recruiting for an experienced SEMH Teaching Assistant with a proven ability for achieving positive outcomes with vulnerable students to join this KS4 PRU in Woking.
The school ethos revolves around providing a fresh start and encouraging students to see and achieve their own potential. The ability of the SEMH teaching assistant to build pupils self-confidence and self-belief by supporting them and encouraging them and never giving up on them is vital. All pupils will have experienced challenges in mainstream schools prior to attending. Upon coming to this specialist provision, students are offered more flexible and creative pathways.
Support at this Woking school ranges from short term programmes supporting reintegration to mainstream, to long-term provision and vocational pathways. The main reason most pupils attend the school is due to their complex social, emotional and mental health needs. Challenging behaviour is a common presentation of these needs. Many students are also referred with EHCPs for Learning and Cognition and/or Social Communication and Interaction needs.
This opportunity is well suited to an SEMH Teaching Assistant seeking experience to pursue further education and training in Psychology, Mental Health Support, Youth Work or Pastoral Care.
The SEMH Teaching Assistant will have:
- * Experience supporting young people with Social, Emotional and Mental Health Needs
- * Experience working in a school setting and managing challenging behaviour
- * Strong understanding of societal inequalities and barriers to learning
- * Education and training in pastoral support, behaviour management and attachment
- * A genuine passion for supporting marginalised youth, patience and professionalism
- * Supporting students aged 11-16 years of age
- * 100 pupils across three separate sites
- * Supporting students with SEMH needs
- * Education and training from on-site multidisciplinary team
- * OFSTED rated Good
- * Based in Woking
What Academics can offer you:
- * A dedicated recruitment consultant for Woking and the North London area
- * A consultative and collaborative approach to recruitment - with a view to supporting you to achieve your career objectives
- * Industry advice from a SEN consultant with a background in Special Educational Needs
- * Tailored interview and trial preparation to ensure you are feeling confident and well prepared
- * A dedicated compliance consultant to manage your file clearance
An online timesheet portal and PAYE pay options to make things quick and easy