Vaccination Site Steward
- Do you experience gained working within an administrative and customer service environment?
- Do you have customer service and clerical experience?
- Do you have attention to detail and good usage of MS office applications?
- Do you have proficient keyboard skills and the ability to manage time effectively?
- Are you interested in working in an customer service and clerical role for a Covid-19 Vaccination Programme?
- Are you flexible to work hours between Monday to Sunday, working 12 hour shifts per day in Dudley (exact hours TBC)?
- Do you have a clean DBS on the update service or a DBS which is enhanced dated in the last 12 months?
- Would you be happy to register with Your World Healthcare as part of your application and become fully compliant (prior to commencing employment)? (Required)
Vaccination Site Steward - Band 2
This role is for the Covid-19 Vaccination Programme
Job Type: Temporary
Duration: This is a temporary ongoing role with no end date specified
Pay Rates: £9.77 paye inclusive of holiday pay
Working days and hours: Monday to Sunday, 12 hours days (Hours to be confirmed)
The post holder is required to support vaccinations sites logistically and administratively.
We recruit caring and compassionate people, who have the right values to care for patients or provide administrative support to busy teams in a variety of settings when they are required.
Individuals will be recruited ready to be assigned to urgent work placements, supporting health and social care in response to the coronavirus pandemic.
Placements of varying lengths and varying shift patterns are available and hours, candidates will need to be flexible to assist this programme as much as possible.
If you are an existing member of staff, the role will be in addition to your current employment and can be flexible to suit your working preferences and can be undertaken as ad hoc hours.
- Receive, assist and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient and effective way.
- Verify citizensâ€™ booking confirmation and paperwork and allocate an individual vaccination number and pod using a barcode scanner or other technology devices provided.
- Ensure that the allocation maintains an efficient flow to the individual Pods and that vaccinators are fully utilised.
- Be aware of any complex scenarios (different vaccine allocation, risk of adverse reaction guidance) and escalate any clinical questions or concerns to the right representative.
- May need to provide citizens with relevant information materials (e.g. leaflets) and offer brief explanation of the steps pre, during and post vaccination that the citizens need to be aware of.
- Manage arrival exceptions together with the steward and support citizens that are turned away, without disrupting the overall throughput of the activities.
- Maintain accurate records and ensure strict data and patient record confidentiality.
- Maintain an efficient and accurate centralised filing system both paper and electronic, which ensures easy access to files and information as and when required.
- Collect, collate and report routine data and information.
- Order supplies, equipment and leaflets as required, liaising with administrative staff.
Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Good basic education.
- Customer service training (Desirable).
- Clear legible handwriting.
- Proficient keyboard skills.
- Good time management.
- Able to use own initiative.
- Understanding of confidentiality.
In order to successfully commence employment as a Vaccination Site Steward, you will be required to:
- Register with Your World Healthcare and become fully compliant prior to commencing employment
- Apply for a valid in date DBS if you not yet hold a current DBS on the update service OR an enhanced DBS dated within the last 12 months (this can be applied for as part of your application via Your World Healthcare)
- Complete mandatory online training modules (required in order to commence employment)
- Provide professional employment/educational references covering the last 3 years