Part-time Billing Clerk (16-20hrs per week)
Title: Billing Clerk - Accounts
Reporting to: Nita Blanche, Head of Internal Processing & Financial Accounting
Location: Flexible, can be home based, or blend of both home and office (WC1V London)
Hours: Part-time, 16 - 20 hours per week
Company purpose: Edison is the world leader in Investor Relations innovation. Having created the paid research sector we are now re-making it as Investor Relations 3.0. Many trends have led to a disconnect between listed companies and investors. It is our mission to overcome these completely and ensure investors are fully aware of the investment opportunity our clients offer. To do so we write award-winning research, distribute it across the global investment community, use analytics to spot investor interest and then set-up meetings to discuss the equity story in detail. We call our method ‘Brilliant Knowledge’. It is this which enlightens pools of ‘Dark Capital’ and forms the basis of IR 3.0.
Reporting into the Head of Internal Processing & Financial Accounting the successful candidate will looking be an experienced Billing Clerk who can support and strengthen the finance team. They must have sales ledger experience, to include generating and issuing invoices, processing credit notes and receipt allocations. The candidate must have experience using Sage 200 and be proficient in Microsoft Excel and other relevant Office programmes. Although working within a finance team, the candidate must be prepared to initially work independently.
- Undertake the billing process for the business, ensuring all information on invoices is correct
- Processing credit notes and recharges where required
- New client account set up, ensuring details in legal contracts are correctly applied.
- Maintaining Contract Management system
- Liaising with the relevant internal teams to ensure invoices are accurate
- Ensure timely client and internal query resolution
- Ad hoc tasks
- Previous experience of working in finance accounting, legal accounting or a billing environment
- Experience using Sage 200 cloud
- Experience using Salesforce (CRM) is desirable
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Excellent administration skills
- Self disciplined, conscientious and has a can do attitude
- Able to work on own initiative and with a team
- Excellent communication skills, both written & oral.
- Excellent time management skills, working to tight turnaround times.