Marketing Executive Part Time
Muddy Puddles make award-winning children's outerwear for 0-12-year-olds. With a loyal and thriving following we have been kitting out young adventurers for over 20 years, and we believe that kids come alive outside!
We’re proud to have received over 35,000 5 star reviews for the quality of our product. We also supply waterproofs and our Muddy Academy membership to over 1,000 schools, nurseries and forest schools across the UK. With private financial backing and a strong core customer base, Muddy Puddles plans to accelerate growth over the next 3 years.
We're currently looking for a motivated superstar to join our energetic team...someone who wants to become a crucial cog in the muddy marketing engine and join a team that strives to be great at everything we do!
You’ll have a passion for ecommerce, all things digital and the great outdoors.
Now here’s the nitty-gritty…
- Content calendar: plan and fully manage
- Trend tracking and analysis: follow parent & outdoor related trends online and make recommendations on content
- Blog posts: inspire our followers by producing at least 3 blog posts/week – a mix of updating existing articles and creating evergreen content
- Customer Services info: work with our customer team to ensure key customer queries are clearly communicated on the website; including updates to delivery and returns information, help and FAQs
- Content & reviews: reaching out to, coordinating with and responding to bloggers, complementary brands and social media influencers for super reviews and content
- Competitions: developing key partnerships to grow audience and brand awareness including a monthly or bi-monthly lead generation competition, social competitions, insert swaps with complementary brands
- Press: making sure notable press coverage features on the website
- Product uploads to Magento/Shopify every season and ad-hoc
- Product content: managing all product assets and information on the website (images, descriptions, video, tech)
- Category content: full ownership and update to category content including top & bottom banners, images, SEO
- Product & category calendar: manage seasonal categories e.g. Back to School, Gifts, product pushes
- Product Merchandising: weekly changes to product focus and listings in response to sales and merchandiser feedback
- Site content review: regularly (once a fortnight) checking all looks well across the site
Requirements – experience:
- Excellent copywriting skills
- A strong understanding of blogging for SEO as well as our lovely customers
- Ability to understand and provide useful content to parents of children under 12 years
- Experience working within brand guidelines while elevating the brand and keeping it fresh
- Proven ecommerce and digital marketing experience
- Competency with excel
- Basic understanding of Adobe Photoshop
Skills and attitude:
- A passion for what you do
- A flexible attitude and enthusiasm for the diversity of the role
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to form great relationships with influencers, press, external agencies and suppliers
- Organised, self-motivated, excited by managing a varied workload
- An eye for beautiful design
Desired skills (even more amazing if you already have them):
- Knowledge of Wordpress, Magento, Shopify, Ometria
- Knowledge of online merchandising and product content management
- Advanced photoshop knowledge e.g. recolouring, retouching
Time commitment: 16h/ week Salary: FTE £30,000, pro rata £12,000 p.a.