Investment Sales Specialist
Aviva Savings & Retirement UK is currently looking to recruit telephone-based Investment Sales Consultants to work as part of a new team.
You will work in collaboration with Aviva’s Advised Wealth Platform sales team, specifically developing sales of Aviva’s in-house investment solutions by contacting and developing working relationships with firms of regulated financial advisers.
Aviva has a range of exciting in-house investment solutions including a Smooth-Managed Fund proposition where we have ambitious plans to grow our market share.
So, if you have outstanding experience in sales within the UK Wealth or Investment Management Industries and want to spend most of your time talking to financial advice firms about investment propositions, this could be a great opportunity.
The Savings & Retirement market is a highly successful growth area within Aviva, where we work closely with Financial Advisers in the Wealth Management business. We have a strong reputation with Financial Advisers, providing authoritative support both in transforming and developing client services using the Adviser Platform and for offering innovative investment solutions for clients.
Role and responsibilities:
- Develop new Aviva fund sales through direct contact with financial adviser firms
- Identify and build added value relationships with key individuals across advice firms to create optimum potential to influence increased Aviva fund sales
- Work closely with your team to develop best practice and maximise market penetration
- Collaborate with an aligned team of Advised Platform national account managers and business development colleagues to identify investment sales opportunities
- Develop a strong understanding of the diverse needs of Advisers operating in this market and how Aviva's investment solutions can optimise their business needs/client solutions
- Monitor and react to legislative & market developments (investment, tax & trust) in the savings & retirement marke
- Take responsibility for risk-based decision making, encouraging effective management of key risks, the embedding of a risk and controls-aware culture and the development of required risk and control skills
- Ensure that Aviva TCF objectives are built into all activities
Skills, knowledge & experience we would like to see:
- The Investment Management Certificate or a recognised QCF Level 4 qualification in financial planning or significant progression towards either qualification is critical
- Relevant experience and demonstrable success in fund sales with an investment group or in a life & pensions company environment
- Preferably an understanding and experience of working in an intermediate UK retail sales environment with an understanding of the role of financial advisers
- An understanding of the regulatory environment as it applies to financial advice firms
- Demonstrates initiative and can build innovative ways to promote products
- An accomplished communicator via voice communications, Webex and e-mail
- Strong negotiation and sales skills with a proven track record
What will you get for this role?
- A competitive salary depending on location, skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family! (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing! We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse set of backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you!
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Just send us an email once you’ve applied stating that you have a disclosed disability, and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Daniela Krol a call on 0121 234 7660 or send an email to email@example.com
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the rol