We are recruiting for Marketing Executive to join the Savings and Retirement Team within Aviva.
As part of the Savings & Retirement Chief Marketing Officer’s (CMO) function, The team aims to deliver the Savings & Retirement and Life direct trading targets by engaging existing & potential customers to purchase from us, interact with us, buy more, stay longer and recommend us. To achieve this, the ambition is to enable consumers to build the financial future they want using our expertise, content, products & services.
The Marketing Executive will be primarily responsible for the development and delivery of the servicing and engagement.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop marketing and campaign plans in support of Savings & Retirement trading objectives.
- Work with Copywriters/Data Scientists to deliver effective campaigns.
- Work collaboratively with database CRM’s to design, deliver and review campaigns.
- Campaign reporting and insight communication, using Qliksense and working with Customer Science.
- Work with the operations teams to plan and manage call/live-chat demands.
- Researching customers product features and digital journeys.
Skills & Experience required:
- Experience of end to end marketing delivery with proven personal ownership and drive for campaigns.
- Ability to identify opportunities to integrate ideas & delivery across channels and business areas.
- A passion for identifying and leading innovative marketing activity.
- Experience in planning & prioritising a wide range of activity with a variety of objectives.
- Understanding of a variety of campaign attribution measures and a desire to understand the non-linear commercial benefits of activity.
- A track-record of delivering direct marketing campaign activity.
What will you get for this role?
- Salary of circa £35,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications.
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme.
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review.
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days.
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply).
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme.
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Alice Neal a call on 0121 200 5926 or send an email to email@example.com.
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.