Customer Investment Manager
5 days left
- Full Time
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Customer Investment Team as a Customer Investment Manager, in the investment function within Aviva Life. The role can be based in London or York and you will assist with reviewing the investment strategy for some of our With Profits assets portfolios.
The Customer Investment Team is responsible for the management and oversight of our customer assets (i.e. Unit Linked and With Profits funds). The team work collectively with internal/external counterparts, to ensure that our customers funds’ investment strategy remains appropriate over time with the funds objectives and that they perform to our customer’s expectations.
This could be the perfect opportunity for you, if you are seeking a new position where you feel truly valued! You will be provided with the prospect of making recommendations regarding changes in investment strategy to better meet the objectives of the funds. Including asset allocation (including additional asset classes where appropriate), benchmark, risk budget, process, style, ESG considerations and manager selection having regard to customer expectations and performance objectives.
Responsibilities in the role:
- Support the Head of Customer Investments on investment strategy recommendations, monitoring investment performance, providing oversight, governance and risk management; with particular focus on the assets backing the guarantees and estate part of the funds
- Support the design and implementation of investment strategies for With Profits funds taking into account risk, customer and regulatory constraints
- Put in place suitable review process for all relevant investment performance indicators
- Develop a detailed knowledge and understanding of specialised investment areas and monitor/recommend improvements for e.g. securities finance, liquidity funds, Investment Management Agreements
- Build a productive relationship with Aviva Investors, other fund managers and key stakeholders in UK Life, improving efficiency of services, and transparent identification, escalation and resolution of issues
- Develop and produce management information to support executive committee, Investment Committee and the Life Boards
Skills and experience we’re looking for:
- Deep understanding of investment issues and performance drivers relevant to a Life insurance company and especially the fixed income and derivative markets
- Highly numerate and analytical with a developed capability to interpret data and ability to find solutions to complex problems
- Strong communicator who is able to build productive relationships and influence for positive outcomes in challenging situations
- A detailed knowledge of statutory, legal and regulatory frameworks and corporate governance
- Investment management industry especially in an insurance context
- Proven ability in setting and monitoring complex investment mandates
- Qualified to degree level with strong academic record
- Relevant professional qualification (e.g. CFA/IMC) with post-qualification experience
What will you get for this role?
- Salary between £45,000 - £70,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Oh and by the way…
At Aviva we always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you need to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. We’ll even try to bend work around your further studies or hobbies where we can.
We care deeply about welcoming people no matter where they’re from, how old they are or what disability they have. We encourage applications from every age, race, ethnicity, disability, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or caring responsibility. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
As part of that we interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Just send us an email once you’ve applied and we’ll make sure we interview you.
If you like the sound of all that, we’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you need an alternative method of applying, please contact Lacey Lane Mckoy call on: 0207 255 0884 or ping an email at: email@example.com
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.