Our Financial Reporting and IFRS 17 Team is seeking a qualified Lead Accountant to be a part of their amazing team at our Cherrywood office!
The Financial Reporting and IFRS 17 Team have a key role to play in supporting the production of accounting, financial and regulatory results, preparation of and driving process and control developments to improve efficiencies. Along with supporting a successful implementation of the new accounting standard, IFRS 17.
The role will provide you with the prospect to work on a large programme, delivering fundamental changes to the way in which IFRS 17 results are presented and gain an understanding of the implications for Aviva. In addition to developing your knowledge and understanding regarding the IFRS 17 standard.
We need your accountancy knowledge to drive the team and provide them with the opportunity to meet its ambitious objectives ahead of adopting IFRS 17 whilst delivering BAU activity. You will support the delivery of outputs for the CFO, Audit Committee, the Board and Aviva Group. Be involved with the production, support and challenge the financial reporting results as well as ensuring successful delivery and implementation of IFRS 17 solutions to enable Ireland Life to be operationally ready for IFRS 17.
Responsibilities in the role:
- Produce financial reporting information covering monthly, quarterly and yearly cycles
- Deliver statutory and management accounts under IFRS 17 for Group and for local reporting
- Deliver regulatory reporting to Group under Solvency II
- Assist in the oversight of the balance sheet
- Drive process and control developments to improve efficiencies in reporting production and governance oversight
- Template submission for IFRS 17 test cycles
- Rationalising manual adjustments and allocating to cohorts
- Ensure the system architecture is fit for purpose
- Feed into the operational design process
Skills and experience we’re looking for:
- Qualified accountant with an understanding of financial reporting metrics. An awareness of the IFRS 17 standard would be advantageous but can be learned in role
- Strong technical accountancy skills to create accurate calculation processes within agreed controls framework Attention to detail along with good knowledge of the relevant accounting standards and regulatory requirements pertaining to the insurance industry
- Previous experience in a financial services financial reporting environment
- Ability to manage a team
- Ability to identify appropriate simplifications and working assumptions to meet interim requirements, and ability to systematically remove or agree these to reach audit quality
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills, including an ability to work across sites and a willingness to work with colleagues from across the Group
- Good communication skills – ability to communicate with stakeholders up to CFO level to understand their requirements and to explain implications of decisions. Clarity of written communication is especially important in order to document decisions and processes
- Ability to work independently and on own initiative and knowledge of when to escalate
- Ability to meet short-term deadlines while progressing longer-term objectives
What will you get for this role?
- A competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities.
Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Lacey Lane Mckoy call on: 0207 255 0884 or ping an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org