Finance Business Partner – IT
Aviva are now looking to hire a new Finance Business Partner (IT). This Finance Business Partner (FBP) will be a key role holder in the senior leadership team (SLT) of the IT area to which they are aligned, playing a vital role in crafting the strategic agenda, providing the Functional area with choices about cost management, transformation, driving commercial value and understanding the consequences of decisions made.
The role has scope, influence and is ideal for someone who wants to drive insight, is opportunity focused and proactive. Aviva is a place where a professional curiosity, passion and a well-rounded appetite for innovation encouraged, are supported and developed.
Aviva introduced “smart-working” in 2020, and the person in this role can be based anywhere in the UK, as long as they are comfortable regularly travelling to any of our offices (York, Bristol, Norwich or Sheffield).
The role’s duties & responsibilities:
- Driving the achievement of business plans and goals through commercially focused advice and support to SLTs and their teams
- Educating the IT SLT to ensure that they understand their key cost drivers and how they are performing against them and their financial management responsibilities
- Owning the performance culture – where financial plans and targets are embedded, supervised and challenged throughout the aligned Function/area of function
- Monitoring internal and industry trends and competitor analysis to help advise on future development
- Governing ongoing risks and opportunities, ensuring management are aware and appropriate actions are taken and delivered
- Governance and oversight of the aligned budget(s); both BAU and Change
- Working alongside the SLT to develop/drive strategy and the services offered by the area
Skills & experiences required:
- In-depth understanding of expenses in an insurance business and marketplace - expenses management in an organisation with varying levels of complexity
- Robust experience and understanding of change, transformation and business development
- Technical background - to link technical issues to commercial substance and find solutions bridging the two
- Strong awareness of control & governance requirements in a fast-paced regulated environment
- Degree/professional accountancy qualification or equivalent experience
- Resilient to challenge at the most senior level whilst building and maintaining relationships
- Ability to assess functional services within the wider business context to aid delivery of good customer outcomes
What will you get for this role?
- A competitive salary depending on location, skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Daniel Hopchet a call on 0121 234 7625 or send an email to Daniel.Hopchet@Aviva.com.
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.