We are recruiting for a PMO to join the Performance, PMO and Governance team within Aviva.
The PMO team is a high performing and highly valued team, within Global IT, which plays a key role in supporting our 4,500 IT colleagues across the globe deliver over 200 change programmes, worth £350m, to truly disrupt the industry. We work alongside other Business & IT professionals, in cross-functional teams, providing dedicated front-line PMO services.to deliver industry changing solutions which have our customers' interest at the heart. The team itself is made up of a great mix of specialists and innovators from a broad range of backgrounds.
The PMO will support the successful delivery and execution of major strategic programmes and projects.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Promoting and championing the Aviva Change Framework disciplines.
- Acting as first line assurance; being an independent voice, providing consistent quality assurance and challenge.
- Developing programme plans including drawing out key milestones, dependencies and identifying the critical path.
- Supporting key programme governance forums capturing key decisions, actions and providing input.
- Assuring proactive and effective Risk management in place.
Skills & Experience required:
- Previous PMO experience is not a pre-requisite however some experience of change delivery would be preferable.
- Understanding & application of governance processes.
- Ability to present key facts and insight from detailed analysis.
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal.
What will you get for this role?
- Competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications.
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme.
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review.
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days.
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply).
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme.
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Alice Neal a call on 0121 200 5926 or send an email to email@example.com.
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.