Claims Case Manager
We are recruiting for a Claims Case Manager to join the Corporate Claims Team within Aviva.
The Claims Case Manager will provide a full technical assessment for Group Critical Illness claims and will manage their own portfolio of claims, which may involve complex or sensitive issues. No two cases are alike.
The Claims Case Manager will negotiate with customers; explaining reasoning behind decisions whilst maintaining a high level of customer service always.
Training will be provided on a 1;1 bases in the workplace and on Microsoft Teams over an initial period with support into working effectively on an independent basis thereafter.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage and develop a relationship with customers, some of whom may be vulnerable.
- Confidently discuss sensitive medical information in depth with customers.
- Work together with the team to help simplify the claims journey to ensure best outcomes.
- Able to analyse and interpret numerical data.
- Able to communicate at all levels both written and verbal.
- Pull on expert support as appropriate to effectively manage the claim.
Skills & Experience required:
- Educated to GCSE Level or equivalent, to include English and Maths.
- Experience of working in the insurance industry is not essential.
- Experience in managing relationships either in a work or social environment.
- Confidently able to explain reasoning behind decisions and negotiate with customers.
- Ability to analyse evidence and interpret relevant points.
What will you get for this role?
- Salary of £20,000 to £28,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications.
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme.
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review.
- Holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days.
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply).
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme.
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Alice Neal a call on 0121 200 5926 or send an email to email@example.com.
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.