1 day left
- Full Time
Aviva are now seeking a M&A Lead/ Vice President to play an integral role in the execution of transactions and be a key part of the Mergers & Acquisition (M&A) function.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone from an investment bank, corporate finance advisory firm, corporate development or internal M&A function to gain significant M&A experience working on critical projects that deliver our strategy. The M&A function supports the execution and shaping of Aviva Group’s strategy - including Group strategic options, acquisitions, disposals, joint ventures and investments across life insurance, general and health insurance, asset management and digital opportunities.
The M&A team consists of 10 individuals based mainly in London. Aviva introduced “smart-working” in 2020, and the person in this role can be based anywhere in the UK, as long as they are comfortable travelling to our London offices weekly.
The role’s duties & responsibilities
We are looking for someone who can lead transactions and work closely with the M&A Director, and Chief Strategy and M&A Officer on the origination and execution of the Group's transaction activity - an opportunity to accelerate your career with Agile working across a diverse range of critical projects.
The role will allow the successful candidate to be involved in strategic projects which play a key role in crafting the Group and its businesses to delivering outstanding value to our shareholders.
- Leading transaction execution - project management, managing advisors, commercial decision making, negotiations and working with other Group functions to acquire relevant functional input
- Working collaboratively and effectively with the market leadership teams, the wider organisation, Group M&A team and with all other internal partners
- Decision support on transactions, including financial and commercial analysis for strategic projects across the group - strategic and options reviews, acquisitions, disposals, distribution agreements, restructurings, reinsurance arrangements and fund raisings
- Managing the preparation of ad-hoc research associated with the Group's M&A strategy, including business and market research
- Adopting and applying effective and efficient risk management and internal control systems, in line with agreed risk appetite
- Leading teams to prepare all Board governance and approval papers
Skills & experiences required:
- Strong financial, technical and analytical skills, with a detailed understanding of corporate finance concepts (discounted cashflow analysis and other valuation approaches for insurance and asset management businesses)
- Proven track record leading M&A transactions with excellent negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent communicator (written and oral) with positive relationship management capabilities
- Ability to lead, influence and manage teams - both virtually and face-to-face
- Ability to work collaboratively across Business Units and functions to achieve the optimal outcome for Aviva
- Comfortable working in an environment which has high expectations and is at times highly pressurised
- Robust knowledge and awareness of risk management practices and protocol
- Specialist understanding of the insurance and investment management industries, alongside broad experience and knowledge of finance, accounting, actuarial, capital management, legal, treasury and risk management
What will you get for this role?
- A competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Daniel Hopchet a call on 0121 234 7625 or send an email to Daniel.Hopchet@Aviva.com.
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.