Pricing Analyst FTC
4 days left
- Full Time
Aviva is currently seeking Pricing Analysts to be a part of our diverse and innovative Personal Lines Underwriting (PLU) team. The roles are Fixed-Term Contracts (FTC) lasting up until November 2021, or possibly longer.
The PLU team looks after the pricing and underwriting for Aviva’s suite of personal line insurance products (home, motor and travel) and are very much at the centre of using data science techniques to deliver Aviva’s ambition as the number one insurer in the UK. Our team is built from a broad spectrum of people, experiences and backgrounds.
This role will be centred around problem solving, working with data to drive improvements, getting involved in delivering innovative pricing models and using new data to deliver insights. We use ground-breaking analytics to give customers happiness – while focusing on delivering profit and growth. We have a diverse range of products and channels - allowing for the scope to work with key stakeholders to develop new insights that drive the performance for our Aviva brands.
Aviva introduced “smart-working” in 2020, and the person in this role can be based anywhere in the UK, as long as they are comfortable regularly travelling to an Aviva UK office.
The role’s duties & responsibilities:
- Providing analysis-based pricing or underwriting recommendations to help deliver continual improvement to products
- Working closely with colleagues from across the business and share your ideas to identify the right opportunities to achieve profitable growth and deliver good outcomes for customers
- Using a spectrum of tools (Microsoft Office, Excel, Rate Assessor, Radar, and SQL)
- Challenging, influencing and developing processes and systems
Skills & experiences required:
- Experience in a pricing role in insurance
- Strong analytical skills, highly numerate and a natural problem solver
- Attention to detail and working accuracy on large data projects
- Capable of handling and prioritising workloads with business objectives
- Familiarity with Towers Watson Radar or similar systems (Rate Assessor, Earnix, etc.) is an advantage
- Knowledge of Linear or Non-Linear Modelling is advantageous
- Programming skills with R, SQL or Python are beneficial
What will you get for this role?
- A salary between £23,000 and £44,000 depending on location, skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days (Pro Rata)
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Daniel Hopchet a call on 0121 234 7625 or send an email to Daniel.Hopchet@Aviva.com.
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.