Programme Finance Manager
To assist in the on-going development of a financial management assurance framework within CBMUKâ€™s risk management strategy.
- Provide support in identifying adequate baseline for different levels of activity and establish what should be in place across our programme portfolio.
- Work closely with in-country finance staff to monitor partnersâ€™ compliance with established procedures and donor requirements during site visits or remote monitoring and audits.
- Assist in preparing quarterly (and as-hoc as required) reports for Leadership Team/Programmes Committee to review and assess levels of risk and their mitigation.
- Prepare periodic donor financial reports according to internal and donor requirements.
- As part of the reporting function, ensure that burn rates and variances are analysed and projects are implemented as planned.
- In collaboration with country teams, ensure that donor contractual requirements are complied with and project audits are completed on time.
- Ensure strong focus on the transition at the project level, ensuring efficient migration of projects over to the CBMG federation.
- Contribute to enhancing and improving programme finance systems and ensure that these are running smoothly and consistently.
- Assist the PDD team adopt to and/or embed the new GO systems within the CBMUK environment.
- Contribute to a strategic close out plan of projects and execute these accordingly.
- Assist in the consolidation of the programme portfolio into overall programme budget for CBM UK, analysis of income, expenditure and cash flows.
- Oversee an effective cash flow system ensuring timely financing of projects, managed within the CBMUK overall financial position, policies and procedures and the wider federation.
- Consolidate annual financial reports of CBM projects including accruals, deferrals and fund transfers.
- Support Programme focal points to have accurate multi-year budgets on their respective portfolio.
- Where necessary, assist in drafting budgets for funding applications.
- Proactively identify weaknesses in country teams and/or partner specific grants management systems and procedures and implement strengthening measures accordingly, particularly with relevance to the organizational transition.
- Assist in training non-financial staff in financial management and donor compliance.
- Support project partners develop their own financial and grant management systems and procedures.