Supply SEN Teaching Assistant
- Supply SEN Teaching Assistant
- £70+ per day
- Working in SEN Schools
- Primary and Secondary Roles Available
- Full time position, Monday to Friday
- To Start After February Half Term
- Location: East London
Are you a kind-hearted individual with the patience and creativity to be a successful Supply SEN Teaching Assistant? Working within SEN is incredibly rewarding but requires out of the box thinkers who are able to see beyond the labels of disability and uncover each child's potential and love for learning.
Within East London SEN Schools, you will work with four broad categories of need: Communication and interaction, Cognition and learning, Social, emotional and mental health difficulties and Sensory and/or physical needs. Education and training in Special Needs or Healthcare will be beneficial.
All students will have an EHCP with individualised learning goals. The Supply SEN Teaching Assistant will work alongside the class teacher and therapy teams to ensure each child progresses towards their goals. As a Supply SEN Teaching Assistant in East London, you will gain experience working with mild to severe learning difficulties, verbal and non-verbal communication techniques, physical disabilities and sensory impairment, PMLD, Autism, and complex medical needs.
This is a hands on role which requires personal care, manual handling and hoisting, medication and feeding. Experience in these areas is highly desired but not essential. A willingness to learn and participate in all tasks is vital. In addition to the teaching team, SEN Schools work closely with a medical team and a therapy team provided by East London Local Authorities.
Supply SEN Teaching Assistants to play a vital role in individualising support to ensure all learners can grow and succeed. Students may learn through a sensory approach, through play and practical activities or through a more formal approach. SEN Schools aim to prepare young people for their adult lives whether in employment, supported living or social care.
This role would suit candidates looking to gain experience towards a career or further education and training in occupational therapy, speech and language therapy, SEN Teaching, and working in the disability sector.
The Supply SEN Teaching Assistant will have:
- Strong understanding and experience of supporting pupils with additional needs
- Experience supporting young people with SEN
- Training in PECS, Makaton, manual handling and hoisting (highly desired but not essential)
- Fantastic Education and Training opportunities
- Adaptability, be motivated and able to take initiative
What Academics can offer you:
- A dedicated recruitment consultant for the East London area
- A consultative and collaborative approach to recruitment - with a view to supporting you to achieve your career objectives
- Industry advice from a SEN consultant with a background in Special Educational Needs
- Tailored interview and trial preparation to ensure you are feeling confident and well prepared
- A dedicated compliance consultant to manage your file clearance
- An online timesheet portal and PAYE pay options to make things quick and easy