Interim Revenues Officer - ASAP
- Part Time
- Carry out clerical and administrative duties in the Revenues Section to enable billing, collection and recovery of arrears of Council Tax and Business Rates.
- My client is a local council which takes excellent care of its employees.
- Work in line with the Council's Vision and Values to promote a culture which aims to deliver a high standard of service by working together to exceed our customer expectations.
- Promptly and accurately process Council Tax and Business Rates information received by post, telephone, email or personal interview.
- Check and issue all relevant arrears notices including reminders, final notices, summons and letters confirming special payment arrangements.
- Check and issue all relevant billing documentation, including bills and enclosures.
- Make decisions in accordance with relevant regulations on:-
- -Council Tax liability, discounts, exemptions and reductions for disabled persons.
- -Business Rates liability and rate reliefs.
- -Payment arrangements for Council Tax accounts in arrears, and decide and instigate the next stage of recovery action up to and including enforcement agent action.
- -Payment arrangements for Business Rates accounts in arrears and decide and instigate the next stage of recovery action up to and including enforcement agent action.
- You will need to have a detailed knowledge on the source of local Government Income in particular Council Tax, Business Rates, Sundry Debtors, Parking, Overpaid Benefits, Housing Options Rent, THH Rent, Service Charges and Major Works.
- Use Capita (Academy) experience preferable
- Use of IDOX system preferable
- Ability to work well in a team
- Be very organised, with great attention to detail.
- Previous experience working with in local government preferable
- Process work in a timely and accurate manner to enable internal and national targets and performance indicators to be achieved.
- Immediate start
- Competitive Hourly rate
- Looking to interview next week