An opportunity has arisen for a Schemes Underwriter to join our team here at Aviva.
As a Schemes Underwriter, you will develop an expertise in Scheme Management to meet customer demand. Supporting the production and maintenance of Underwriting and rating guides, updating wordings and supporting underwriting documentation. As well as providing technical support and assistance to underwriting queries, leading scheme review meetings.
Ensuring Good Customer Outcomes are delivered though continuous review of the scheme proposition and core wording. This will be done via regular review to ensure that the proposition continues to meet customers’ expectations. Continuously testing our own System, to ensure there is a viable Aviva operating model and underwriting platform to support the scheme.
Some of the key aspects of the role include:
- Developing, building and strengthening relationships with aligned customers/brokers, providing technical support and assistance
- Understanding what matters to the customer/broker and how that fits with our plans and strategies
- Influencing key contacts in the marketplace through business development/customer engagement skills
- Identifying and implementing in a timely manner, required improvements to underwriting quality and capability
- Supporting Scheme Audits and implementing required change
- Developing and understanding a sound knowledge of the Outsourcing governance and regulatory requirements linked to delegation of underwriting authority and subsequently managing Scheme performance in line with these requirements
Skills & experience required:
- Experience within Property and Liability
- Enthusiastic and keen to learn
- Confident speaking with and having difficult conversations with Brokers
- Working independently, within underwriting authority, handling more complex risks and technical referrals from the team, conferring where appropriate
- Happy to work as part of a team
What will you get for this role?
- A competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of up to 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Guv a call on 0121 234 7660 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.