Field Property Claims Consultant
Aviva's General Insurance business is recruiting for two enthusiastic Property Claims Consultants to join our regional Property Claims teams. These roles are field-based - working with customers within specific areas. The 2 regions we are recruiting for are:
- South England – Reading, Swindon, Guildford, Salisbury, Bournemouth, Southampton (postcodes: GU, RG, SN, BH, SP and SO)
- South West – Bath, Exeter, Plymouth, Torquay (postcodes: BA, EX, PL, TA, TQ)
This role is responsible for providing a customer focused and cost-effective service by handling Residential Property claims (both Household and Commercial) from instruction to completion within agreed financial authority limits. If you are an insurance professional who is keen to continue developing their knowledge in property claims, we would love to hear from you!
The role will allow for flexible working hours to adjust for regional travel and reaction for natural events/major incidents (storms, flooding, etc.).
The role’s duties & responsibilities:
- Investigate, validate, manage and settle claims in line with policy cover, philosophies and standards
- Undertake field (physical) and desk (virtual) assessments to maximise efficiencies and outcomes
- Provide estimations for insurance-related repairs
- Update customers to ensure optimum customer service
- Identify/capture Fraud and Recoveries
- Manage work in progress, updating claims management and estimating systems to maintain a real-time view for our customers and the business
- Develop a working knowledge of your geographical area and local market
- Working outside the local area to support major incidents as required
Skills & experiences required:
- Knowledge of the insurance industry related to Residential (Home and Commercial) property
- Technical buildings knowledge; current methodology and buildings pathology
- Claims scoping and management software experience (Symbility, Exactaware etc)
- Awareness of Flood/EOW/Fire damage management and principles
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations and relevant legislation
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment
- Committed to growing own knowledge through technical, theoretical and practical means
- Qualifications (such as CERT CILA/DIP CILA, CERT CII/DIP CII, BDMA Ins, accreditation to CIOB, RICS, HNC/HND or similar surveying qualification) would be beneficial
What will you get for this role?
- Competitive annual salary depending on skills, qualifications and experience
- Company car provided with mileage cover
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Daniel Hopchet a call on 07393 808287 or send an email to Daniel.Hopchet@Aviva.com.
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.