Actuarial Audit Manager
We are currently recruiting for an Actuarial Audit Manager to be a part of our Internal Audit team!
The Internal Audit team is responsible for helping the Board and Executive Management to protect the assets, reputation and sustainability of Aviva. The team operates within a global function in the Aviva Group and work across Aviva’s regions/business units (Aviva Group Centre, UK, Europe, Canada, Asia Pacific and Aviva Investors).
As the Actuarial Audit Manager, you will support the development and lead on the delivery of the audit plan through a deep and broad understanding of the risks facing the business for the area of responsibility. You will assess and report on the effectiveness of the design and operation of the framework of controls, along with driving the team performance and development and managing individual review budgets (man days).
Responsibilities in the role:
- Direct a portfolio of audit reviews and lead on technical or complex reviews where appropriate
- Provide overall quality control on reviews in area of responsibility/portfolio to ensure delivery is to the required standard
- Ensure that assignments are focused on the business areas and that the programme of work remains aligned to the changing nature of Aviva’s business
- Ensure quality control in the portfolio of reviews in line with the Audit methodology
- Deliver and manage the timely production of high-quality, concise audit reports and identify audit issues
- Oversee issue tracking
- Stakeholder and relationship management at a management level within the business
- Ensure audit engagement objectives are met
- Contribute to the production of reports to Internal Audits key stakeholders (e.g. Audit Committees, Risk Committees, and Board Committees etc) and through these influencing management actions to deliver a more effective controls framework
- Identify areas for improvement in the operation of the audit team
Skills and experience we’re looking for:
- Relevant technical expertise in financial, insurance or market risk either within an audit firm or consulting firm in the financial services department OR insurance / asset management company or financial institution or regulation institution
- Technical product/market knowledge
- Good understanding of regulation required
- Experience with risk identification and measurement
- Audit professionalism – Audit skills and methodological application ( planning, business analysis, risk and control evaluation, testing and reporting)
- Experience in leading complex projects/reviews, leading small-medium teams and negotiation situations
- Experience in managing the senior level relationships and influencing their behaviour
- Degree and professional qualification preferred
- Professional accounting or actuarial qualification or equivalent business experience required
What will you get for this role?
- A competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities.
Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Lacey Lane Mckoy call on: 0207 255 0884 or ping an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org