Cost Management Operations Analyst
We are currently recruiting for a Cost Management Operations Analyst to be a part of our Global Cost Management Operations Team! The team is responsible for central expense planning processes across Aviva’s shared services and international markets. To deliver continuous improvement around processes, governance and systems. In order to drive a sharp focus on global cost management and maximising return on investment.
This opportunity could be ideal for you, if you are seeking varied and challenging position to enhance your skills, work with different business areas and senior stakeholders. This is a fundamental role in the team that will drive the coordination of the expenses planning and forecasting cycles across Aviva. In conjunction with managing the Database Administration team (DBA) in Colombo and working closely with the BI and Planning team (BIP).
You will be the expense Subject Matter Expert for all related activity, championing the expense planning and forecasting Anaplan, driving cultural change in the way we plan/forecast and working closely with markets and functions to drive optimisation of local and global cost allocation and spend. You will support the Expense team with policy updates and projects, including developing tools (such as testing, enhanced visualization and user experience) and working closely with the BIP team to support embedding.
Responsibilities in the role:
- Work with the outsource provider teams, oversee quarterly expense planning, forecasting and Anaplan training globally
- Support the expense team with Policy update and projects
- Support quarterly expenses submission and working across multiple team to ensure accurate submissions
- Drive continuous improvement on tools in conjunction with BIP team including enhanced visualisation
- Continued training, communication and feedback with the market Finance teams, coordinating data inputs on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Work closely with the DBA team to ensure that the cost centre data is up to date
- Work closely with the people function to align FTE reporting
Skills and experience we’re looking for:
- Excellent analytical skills - including strong command of Excel (Anaplan a plus)/ability to stitch together multiple data sources for visibility and analysis
- Risks management experience and understanding of controls
- Experience with budgeting/expense management
- Ability to structure and have a structured approach to solving a problem
- Demonstrable record of drawing insights/conclusions from analysis and framing business choices
- Ability to build strong engagement/relationship with senior stakeholders
- Highly collaborative and strong team player
- Experience of implementation and development of software, including working with users to understand requirements and deliver a strong user experience
- Experience of working with collaboratively with technical specialists to deliver change
- Able to translate your analytical findings to a non-technical team
- Able to understand the needs of their non-technical colleagues in order to deliver appropriate solutions
- Good knowledge of Anaplan and Qlik tools
What will you get for this role?
- Salary up to £37,000 depending on location, skills, experience, and qualifications
- A generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- A holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring risk handling is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with a diverse group of backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability, and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Lacey Lane Mckoy a call on 0207 255 0884 or send an email to email@example.com.
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.