Business Intelligence Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our Commercial Lines Business Intelligence team at Aviva. We are currently recruiting for a Business Intelligence Manager, based in Perth, UK, to join a well-placed team within Aviva, where the focus has been on investing in technology and people.
Forming part of the wider Commercial Technical Underwriting department, the team provides a shared Business Information service offering reporting, insight and analysis on all aspects Financial, Operational and Governance.
You will be supported to develop your potential through the setting of stretching objectives and a variety of tasks while giving the freedom to tackle problems. Collaboration and knowledge-sharing are key to strengthening the team in our open-plan environment.
The team provides a one-stop shop for anyone passionate about expanding their knowledge of Commercial Insurance, how it operates and what information it needs to operate.
In this role you will:
- Generate, analyse, and report performance to meet the needs of established guidelines, policies and procedures. Investigate returns that are outside of acceptable ranges
- Delivering high-quality reporting and insights through automation, insight and challenge to business areas
- Delivering data analysis that can be consumed by different levels of management to inform timely decisions
- Participate in performance-related projects and growth initiatives, providing subject matter expertise
- Seek opportunities for operational improvements. Assist with the investigation and implementation of process modifications
- Provide a cross-Class/Product/Channel view of Aviva Commercial General Insurance accounts providing informed advice on our future profitability
- You will work to build an understanding of Underwriting Cycles and their impact on our long-term returns
We are looking for someone with the following skills and experience:
- Have ideally gained a degree in Business Analytics / Statistics / Mathematics / Accounting / Computer Science or related field
- Extensive experience of SAS, SQL, Python, R, or other data languages
- Strong quantitative reasoning, problem-solving and analytical skills
- You can establish strong relationships with an excellent ability to influence and apply pragmatism where we often meet competing demands
- Concern for quality expressed through the initiation of system and improvements in execution
- Knowledge of the Commercial insurance classes is desirable
What will you get for this role?
- A salary between £40,000-£45,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Guv a call on 0121 234 7660 or send an email to email@example.com.
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.