Business Readiness Lead
Aviva UK are now looking for a Business Readiness Lead to join on a 12-month Fixed Term Contract basis.
The project is focussed on delivering the systems and process capability, to report under the new IFRS17 reporting standard for Insurance businesses.
As the IFRS17 project moves into its third Extended Proof of Concept and looks beyond to ‘Dry Run’ and ‘Go Live’. There is an increasing focus on preparing the business, for the transition to live running of new processes. As a result, the project is growing its Reporting Readiness capability.
Key responsibilities within the role include:
- Working with UK Life business areas and in-scope markets to develop detailed transition plans for implementation of the IFRS17 Operating Model
- Stakeholder management - working on projects with multiple senior stakeholders
- Driving delivery of transition plans, generating appropriate MI to track and report on progress to key stakeholders
- Active participation in the AFO Business Implementation Team working groups, representing the project on this key panel
- Development of a new operating model for IFRS17 processes and reporting
- Ensuring the business is prepared for the transition to new systems and processes
We are looking for someone with the following skills and experience:
- Experience of working in a Financial Reporting environment
- Experience of transitioning major change from a project to a business environment
- Experience working on projects with multiple senior stakeholders and excellent stakeholder management ability
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Prior experience in an operating model development/transition planning/operational or business readiness role highly desired
- Familiarity of IFRS17 – is an advantage
What will you get for this role?
- A salary between £60,000 - £70,000 flexible depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Guv a call on 0121 234 7660 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.