Renewable Energy Underwriter
Aviva UK are now looking for a Renewable Energy (RE) Underwriter to join us within our Renewable Energy & Engineering (RE&E) Team. We’re proud of the recent, global growth of this team and are looking to bring in reinforcements to improve our presence in the market, our broker relations and expand our growth targets while maintaining service levels and profitability.
The current London Market RE team consists of the Head of RE&E, our RE Underwriting Manager and a RE Underwriter. The broader Engineering team are located around the UK – with hubs in Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham, Glasgow and London. The Engineering team also write RE, predominantly on an SME basis, and we are joined up with them regarding appetite & strategy – allowing for a spectrum of involvement and support across our team and the ability to share authority optimally.
Historically the London Market RE team are based in central London in order to access the London Market brokers and business, but we are flexible for this position as long as candidates are comfortable coming in to London once a week for when in-person meetings are happening regularly.
The role’s duties & responsibilities:
- Underwriting global RE business, servicing the existing book and creating/managing relationships with brokers
- Working closely with our wider London Market RE team to underwrite RE risks in line with appetite and strategy
- Growing the RE book in a profitable manner
- Working with the wider RE&E team on ad hoc tasks (Risk & Governance controls, financial crime, etc.) as required by the Head of RE&E
Skills & experiences required:
- Significant commercial experience in Underwriting /the Insurance industry
- Strong, recent experience in Renewable Energy
- Confidence and track record of being able to build and maintain good working engagements with brokers
- Ability to underwrite while complying to all risk and governance requirements
- A background of working well under pressure with good time management
What will you get for this role?
- A competitive salary depending on location, skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Guv a call on 0121 234 7660 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.