Liability Risk Consultant
Aviva have an opportunity for a Liability Risk Consultant to join Aviva Risk Management Solutions (ARMS), providing market leading risk management services to Aviva and our clients.
ARMS always aim to deliver a customised approach for our clients, helping customers protect their business and preventing the worst from happening. We are always innovating, providing the latest best practice loss prevention advice, services and solutions to both our internal and external customers.
ARMS are looking to expand our experienced liability team with the successful candidate acting as a dedicated focal point that will support the SME / Mid-Market Liability account, delivering Risk Engineering through survey programme, technical advice, information and support in accordance with Group Underwriting and Risk Management policy and in support of SME / Mid-Market business plans.
We believe this is a fantastic opportunity to join a thriving and established team, with the opportunity to influence and grow with the business, with the backing of Aviva’s resources and reputation.
This role is home-based and flexible with preference to be based anywhere in London, East Anglia and South East regions (Suffolk, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Kent, Hertfordshire, etc), requiring travel to client premises within own region and on occasions nationally.
The role’s duties & responsibilities:
- Delivering a risk management service to support Aviva’s intention of being the leading insurer
- Producing bespoke quality survey reports and risk improvements including preparation and delivery of presentations to senior client management
- Managing & co-ordinating risks, handling technical referrals from brokers, clients and colleagues
- Developing an external network of Broker relationships, as well as key internal partner relationships to ensure excellent customer service is delivered
- Compliance with our governance framework
- Supporting initiatives for service and operational improvements by acting on effective feedback from customers - sharing ideas and engaging our team to fully work through options
- Maintaining training log linked to CPD with IOSH
- Supporting regional team meetings, liability team meetings and conference calls for the liability team
- Acting as a role model, coaching and mentoring less experienced colleagues
Skills & experiences required:
- Detailed knowledge of current risk management and loss prevention practices for liability risks
- Extensive knowledge of Health and Safety legislation, codes of practice, guidance and industry standards with experience across a wide range of trades
- Evidence of excellent coordination skills when leading the risk engineering programmes for select accounts
- Good knowledge of underwriting processes and ability to translate knowledge and experience into actions to effectively improve risk quality
- Highly developed presentation and customer engagement skills, with experience at influencing and negotiating
- Ability to analyse, collate and interpret underwriting information to ensure pro-active risk management decisions are made
- NEBOSH Diploma in Health & Safety qualification or equivalent and/or relevant industry specific qualifications (ACII)
What will you get for this role?
- A competitive salary depending on skills, experience, qualifications and locations
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Company car provided with mileage cover
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits such as a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your children or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Just send us an email once you’ve applied stating that you have a disclosed disability, and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Daniel Hopchet a call on 0121 234 7625 or send an email to Daniel.Hopchet@Aviva.com.
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.